- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Put your survival skills to the test on this guided tour through the Amazon Rainforest from Manaus! As you walk through the lush rainforest, your expert guide will teach you how to conquer your natural surroundings. Learn how to identify trees that produce fruits and nuts you can eat -- like açai palm berries, passion fruit and Brazilian nuts -- as well as vegetation to avoid. Spot medicinal leaves and roots; learn how to find sources of clean water; and practice building traps for small animals. Afterward, enjoy lunch and take a scenic canoe ride before discovering local village life with a visit to a real Amazonian home.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Professional guide (english/portuguese speaking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks (available for purchase)
Tour departs from most Manaus hotels
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Get the ultimate Amazon Rainforest experience on this guided survival-skills tour! Receive hands-on training and survival tips from your expert naturalist guide and learn how to conquer your surroundings – a perfect tour for adventure lovers!
After pickup from your Manaus hotel, head by boat toward the village of Tupé to begin your adventure. Put your survival skills to the test as you explore the rainforest with your guide, who’ll teach you about the lush vegetation and wildlife. Learn which native trees you can eat fruits and nuts from, like the açai palm berry tree, the maracuja (a passion fruit tree) and the Brazilian nut tree. Discover leaves and roots that can be used as medicine and find out how to locate sources of clean water for safe drinking. You’ll also learn which plants to avoid, as well as how to build traps to catch small animals.
Take a break to enjoy an authentic Brazilian lunch (included) at a local restaurant before hopping in a canoe for a scenic trip through the small channels of the Amazon. Test your newfound plant-identification skills and learn about more types of vegetation. Then, visit the home of a local Amazonian resident in a village and discover the village's traditions and culture.
After your Amazon adventure, head back to Manaus by boat and take your survival knowledge home with you!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour has a shorter duration when done by speedboat (usually used when the group is smaller)
- Suggestion of what to bring: shoes, raincoat, light clothes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, money for drinks or souvenirs, clothes and bath towel.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.