- 12 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Our most active hiking tour of Brazil ventures into the heart of Chapada Diamantina National Park, in the State of Bahia and then continues south to the golden beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Designed as an active Brazil vacation, we are strategically based in comfortable, charming pousadas nestled into the quaint villages surrounding Chapada and at boutique hotels in Salvador and Rio de Janeiro. In one of the most spectacular and well-kept secret hiking areas in the world, follow ancient mining trails that were used up until the 1970's by men hunting for diamonds and gold in these ancient mountains. Experience the heart of the wild and fully disconnect while spending two nights in remote guest hosues in the heart of Chapada Diamantina National Park. Follow the Patí Valley Trail through a stunning and magical landscape comprised of table top mountains, canyons, valleys, caves, hidden electric blue pools and the most impressive Brazilian waterfalls! Continue on to Rio de Janeiro
- Accommodations as indicated
- Naturalist guides
- Guided tours and excursions
- Airport-hotel transfers and land transportation
- Meals as specified [B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner]
- Services of in-bound land operator for airline reconfirmation and tour operations
- International and internal air transportation
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Brazilian Visa fees, when applicable
- Tips and gratuities
- Drinks, alcoholic beverages, and meals other than listed above
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control Travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Any other items not mentioned above
DAY 1: ARRIVAL Arrival in Salvador. Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and escorted to your hotel in the historic center, Solar dos Deuses. Evening at leisure to rest and explore. Overnight at Solar dos Deuses.
DAY 2: OVERLAND TRANSFER TO CHAPADA DIAMANTINA Driving time: 5.5-6 hours After an early breakfast, meet the guide at the hotel in Salvador and take a private vehicle to Lençóis, the gate way to Chapada Diamantina. Overnight at Hotel de Lençóis.
DAY 3: CACHOEIRAO WATERFALL Hiking distance: 10.5 miles Today head out to start the magnificent trek through the Patí Valley! Over dinner, toast to a successful first day and then head off to bed to rest for tomorrow. Overnight in homestay in shared accommodations at Mr. Wilson's guest house.
DAY 4: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE Hiking distance: 7.5 miles After breakfast, continue hiking through the Patí Valley, up to Mr. Jóia’s house or Dona Linda’s house.
DAY 5: POZO AZUL – XIQUE XIQUE DE IGATU Hiking distance: 10 miles Driving time: 1 hour Wake up early to finish your last day on the Patí Valley Trail. Arrival at Andaraí in the afternoon, where your jeep will be waiting. From Andraí, head out to visit the Poço Azul (Blue Pool) (drive approximately 50min) Overnight at Pousada Pedras de Igatu.
DAY 6: LENÇÓIS Driving time: 1.5 hours After breakfast, head back to Lençóis (drive approx 1.5 hours). Enjoy the rest of the day relaxing and exploring Lençóis at your own leisure. Overnight at Hotel de Lençóis.
DAY 7: SALVADOR Driving time: 5.5-6 hours This morning depart back to your hotel Salvador. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Tonight, hed to Miguel Santana Theatre to see Salvador's famous Folklore Dance Performance. Overnight at Solar Dos Deuses.
DAY 8: CULINARY EXPERIENCE – WALKING CITY TOUR Meet your guide this morning to head off towards São Joaquim Fair, a vibrant market, where you can find vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, herbs and more. Accompanied by a local experienced chef, thedash off to the kitchen and start to cook!
DAY 9: SALVADOR-RIO DE JANEIRO Breakfast and transfer to the Salvador airport for your flight to Rio de Janeiro. Overnight at Porto Bay.
DAY 10: SUGAR LOAF AND AFTERNOON AT THE BEACH This morning head out visit Sugar Loaf Mountain. It was at the feet of Urca Hill that the city of Rio de Janeiro was founded in 1565 by Estácio de Sá.
DAY 11: CHRIST THE REDEEMER AND SANTA TERESA After breakfast, take off to the Christ the Redeemer statue on Corcovado Mountain After head to tSanta Teresa with its hilly cobble-stoned streets, antique homes, and boutique museums.
Departure Enjoy the morning at leisure. At the appropriate time, you will escorted to airport
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Actual routes and activities may vary. Local trip coordinators reserve the right to change accommodations to similar quality alternatives.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.