- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Pedra da Gavea hike is the ideal challenge for those looking for adventure, adrenaline and the most beautiful view of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Pedra da Gavea is 842 meters high and is one of the most famous rock formations in the wonderful city. Going up Pedra da Gavea is the dream of many cariocas and travelers. From the top of Gavea, which is the largest block of rock by the sea in the world, you can see the Guanabara Bay and some of the main beaches of the city of Rio de Janeiro: Ipanema, Leblon, Barra da Tijuca and São Conrado. It’s also possible to see some other mountains of the Tijuca National Park, such as Pico da Tijuca, Bico do Papagaio, Pedra Bonita and Corcovado. On blue sky days you can also see the mountains of the Serra dos Orgaos.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Pedra da Gavea
Pick up from your accomodation
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
The Pedra da Gavea hike is located inside the carioca Atlantic Forest, in the Tijuca National Park, which means that during the tour there is the possibility of finding wild animals. Most of the year the climate in Rio de Janeiro is hot and humid, so all participants should be well hydrated and carry at least 3 liters of water for the activity. It is necessary to administer the duration of the tour to Pedra da Gavea as the Tijuca National Park closes at 17:00 (5pm).
Duration: 8 hours
Location: Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- What to bring to Pedra da Gavea hike?
- Comfortable footwear with good adhesion, closed and coated (Tennis shoes, Boots, etc.)
- Bring a Light snack
- Water compartment (we suggest carrying at least 3 liters)
- Waste compartment
- For those who are allergic to mosquitoes, we advise to take repellent
- Backpack to carry your belongings is required. Hand or shoulder bags are not allowed.Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.