- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This is a full day tour is specially designed for nature lovers and for those who want to escape the high temperatures of Rio. You will swim in crystal clear natural pools surrounded by tropical forest. The tour is conducted at your pace. Pickup and drop off locations are flexible. The itinerary is somewhat customizable and can be adapted to your needs. This tour is not wheelchair friendly.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Tour guide service;
- Transportation on a private car;
- Tolls and parking fees;
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Customer’s admission tickets for the attractions visited on the tour;
- Meals or drinks (if any)
Pickup from your accommodation, the airport or pier terminal.
Tour starts at 7:00 am during the high season and at 8:00 am during the low season.
Tour ends at your accommodation, airport or pier terminal.
Upon leaving your hotel in Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Barra da Tijuca, Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Flamengo, Downtown Rio we’ll hit the road and leave Rio.
These waterfalls are located 50 miles away from Rio, within the boundaries of Serra dos Orgaos National Park. This is also a very interesting tour for bird watchers. The trails at the National Park offer great photo opportunities.
Our first stop will be at the Guapimirin entrance of the National Park. Over there we’ll be able to swim at 2 different amazing natural pools created by the crystal clear waters of the Soberbo River.
From the parking lot near the Centro de Visitantes Von Martius Museum, we’ll hike 10 minutes on Trilha das Cascatas, a flat trail opened in the middle of the tropical forest. The trail ends at a tunnel formed by some gigantic boulders and at the other end of the tunnel there is the Poco Verde pool.
After renewing our energies at these waterfalls we’ll drive 10 miles on the highway that leads to Teresopolis and stop for some pictures at Soberbo Viewpoint surrounded by mountains like Dedo de Deus and Pedra do Sino. From here, on a clear day, it is possible to see the mountains of Rio and the Tijuca National Park at the distance.
From there we’ll go to the main entrance of the National Park located in Teresopolis and take a ½ mile walk on a flat suspended trail through the forest canopy to observe some of the local fauna and flora. This trail ends at another waterfall of the Paquequer River, where we may have another shower.
As an option for tours with kids, there is also a large river water public swimming pool in the park, surrounded by stone picnic tables and playgrounds. (the public swimming pool is not open year-round – please inquire).
To wrap up the day we may have lunch at one of the many great restaurants in Teresopolis before returning to Rio.
Tour is conducted in an air-conditioned vehicle driven by your tour guide.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- All tours are private and conducted on air conditioned vehicle.
- Your admission tickets for the attractions visited on the tour and any meals or drinks ARE NOT INCLUDED.
- Admission fees will be paid directly at the attractions.
- This tour is not wheelchair friendly.
- Pick-up and Drop-off: Meet up location: Your hotel, flat, or Pier. We can start the tour at your hotel and finish it at the pier or vice-versa at no extra charge. Pickup and drop-off locations are flexible.
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.