- Flexible (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a tour hiking the Pedra da Gávea trail. This is one of the most startling and rewarding hiking tours in Rio de Janeiro. Your tour includes transport and a local guide.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most major hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Centro or the cruise ship port. We contact one day before or on the day of the tour to adjust the pickup time.
Your tour begins with hotel or port pickup in Rio de Janeiro. From there, you will head to the trail's starting point in the Tijuca Rainforest. You will begin hiking to the summit of this famous rock formation which stands at 842 meters (2,763 feet) above sea level.
The ascent takes around two and a half hours and, once you are close to the top, you will probably feel the butterflies. Despite a steep but short hand-climbing (15 meters/ 49 feet) there is nothing to fear in Pedra da Gávea hiking tour.
This hike is safe and doable and the view from the top is rewarding. From up there, you will get stunning views of the Tijuca Forest and the entire city of Rio de Janeiro, including its most famous landmarks. After the tour, you will be dropped-off at your hotel ending an unforgettable experience.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.