- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come on a fantastic, approximately 8-hour, private day tour to Petropolis from Rio de Janeiro. Your group of up to 4 people will meet with your guide when picked up from your hotel to see sites such as the Imperial Museum, the Cathedral and Crystal Palace. This tour can be customized to your liking as it is your own private tour.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private vehicle
- Private driver/guide
- Comfortable vehicle for up to 4 people
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All the entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sao Pedro de Alcantara
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Museum
- Entry/Admission - Crystal Palace
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickups at any hotel in Rio de Janeiro South Zone. Places like Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, etc.
You leave Rio at 9:00am and head towards the mountains to visit the Imperial City (Petrópolis). It is a beautiful 90-minute drive via Serra dos Órgãos. As soon as you enter the city, you spot Quitandinha, a former casino. Stop here to see its beautiful gardens and luxurious interior.
During your private tour, visit the main attractions Petrópolis has to offer such as the Imperial Museum, which was the former summer palace of Pedro II, Brazil's second emperor. Here you will walk by tapestries, antique furniture, jewels, and see the imperial crown with over 600 diamonds and 77 pearls, weighing nearly four pounds (1.7 kg).
After lunch it is time to admire the Gothic architecture of St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral and visit the tombstones of Brazil's last emperor, Pedro II and his family. The Crystal Palace comes next. Built in France and presented to Princess Isabel by her husband Count D'Eu, it is an impressive building. At this point you can also visit Santos Dumont's house. Very well-known in Brazil, Dumont was a famous inventor responsible got, among other things, the zeppelins with gasoline engines and one of the first flights in an airplane.
You will also have some free time to visit the famous Rua Teresa (Teresa Street), famous for its shopping.
Because you are taking a private tour you can allocate your time accordingly. If you would like to spend more time at any specific attraction on the itinerary, you may and it is at your discretion. Tour concludes in your hotel in Rio about 5:00pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.