- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience Rio de Janeiro’s famous Corcovado Mountain in the most rewarding way possible – by hiking up it! With an experienced guide, take a 2.5-hour hike through the mountain’s rainforest to its peak, where you’ll be justly rewarded with spectacular views of the city and Guanabara Bay. You’ll also get to see the mountaintop’s defining feature – Rio’s iconic Christ the Redeemer statue – up close.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado Christ the Redeemer
- Food and drinks
- Corcovado entrance fee (35 Brazilian Real)
Tour departs from your Rio hotel
After pickup from your Rio de Janeiro hotel in an air-conditioned minivan, head to the base of Corcovado Mountain to begin your 1.5 mile (2.4 km) hiking adventure. Your experienced guide will tell you about the hike ahead and provide a few tips, and then you’ll be on your way!
Your starting point is Parque Lage, a public park where you’ll see 100-year-old palm trees and the old 1920s Italianate mansion that now houses an art school. Start ascending the mountain with your guide, walking through the lush coastal rainforest. After approximately 2.5 hours (including breaks along the way), you’ll reach the top of Corcovado Mountain -- at an elevation of 2,330 feet (710 meters) -- where the views of Rio and its surrounds will take your breath away (if you have any left!).
From the mountaintop, get an up-close look at the Christ the Redeemer statue, snap photos of the stunning panoramas of Guanabara Bay, and sit down and give your legs a much-deserved rest. You’ll make your way back down the trail to where you began your hike at Parque Lage then be dropped off back at your Rio hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is considered an advanced hike, with an elevation change from nearly sea level to 2,330 feet (710 meters)
- Actual time spent hiking is roughly 2.5 hours
- It is recommended that you wear light clothes and hiking shoes, and bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen and a hat
- Corcovado entrance fee should be paid locally. Price is approximated and subject to change without notice.
- The tour is recommended for people over 12 years
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our guides, Gui and Bruno were incredible! Very personable and knowledgeable. The hike itself was a bit of a challenge - sometimes having to use all fours to get up the side of the mountain in very hot temperatures - but the trees offered shade. We were lucky enough to see capuchin monkeys and a whole family of marmosets! The Christ the Redeemer statue is iconic, so it was incredible to see it up close, but the hike itself is the highlight of this tour.