- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
See the Sanctuary and Iracema waterfalls on this day trip to the area surrounding Presidente Figueiredo, a small town north of Manaus. Enjoy the beauty of the Amazon Rainforest on the drive, and learn about the native wildlife and plants from your local guide as you admire the waterfalls and explore the area around the Urubui River. You’ll also enjoy a Brazilian lunch at a local restaurant. This full-day tour is a great way to see the natural beauty surrounding Manaus!
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Professional guide (english/portuguese speaking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Tour departs from most Manaus hotels
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday through Sunday
See two beautiful Amazon waterfalls on this 8-hour day trip from Manaus. After pickup from your Manaus hotel, travel north of the city with your guide about 1.5 hours toward the town of Presidente Figueiredo, self-proclaimed the 'Terra de Cachoeiras' (Land of Waterfalls).
Admire the lush, tropical Amazon Rainforest that surrounds you on the drive to your first stop, Sanctuary Waterfall, located approximately 9 miles (16 km) outside of Presidente Figueiredo. Surrounded by mossy rocks and dense vegetation, the rushing waterfall flows from the Urubui River, a black-water tributary of the Amazon. Spend time here to enjoy the scenery, hear about the flora and fauna, and snap photos, and then head to a local restaurant in Presidente Figueiredo for a lunch filled with flavorful Brazilian cuisine (included).
After lunch, travel to Iracema Waterfall, located in an ecological reserve. Enjoy extraordinary views of the falls, which are surrounded by lush forest greenery, and go for a refreshing swim in the shallow waters at the waterfall’s base. When you’re time here is up, you’ll be driven back to your Manaus hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suggestion of what to bring: shoes, raincoat, light clothes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, money for drinks or souvenirs, clothes and bath towel.
- In periods of drought in Rio Negro (Black River) - usually from June through November - the waterfalls have lower intensity. Tourists are returning to their hotels around 4pm.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This trip was certainly not worth the $132 per person. The waterfall are nice but nothing amazing or that large. The best part was the included lunch. But as far as scenery goes, this trip certainly lacked the promised views. Honestly, the trip should cost about $40USD for what it is.