- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy breathtaking views of the city of Rio de Janeiro from atop Pedra da Gávea, a towering monolith known as Gavea Rock within Rio's tropical Tijuca Rainforest. Experienced hikers will love this challenging trek, which winds along precipices and climbs through durian-filled forest that's home to monkeys and giant butterflies. There's even a short-but-serious scramble up a rock wall on this 8-hour tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Safety equipment
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana.
* Please wait for your guide in the hotel lobby of your selected hotel. If your hotel is not listed, contact us so we can inform you the closest pick up location and time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
The Gavea Rock (Pedra da Gávea) hiking is one of the most startling and rewarding of all tours. The summit stands at 842m / 2763ft above sea level. After picking up from hotels, the vehicle gets to the starting point. The ascent takes around two and a half hours and, once close to the top, you will probably feel the butterflies. Besides a steep but short scramble (15m / 49ft) and a few walks on the edge of precipices, there is nothing to fear. It’s all perfectly safe and doable by anyone. From up there, you will have 30/40 minutes to enjoy the view of Tijuca Forest, Pedra Bonita, Rocinha favela (one of the world’s biggest ghettos), São Conrado beach, Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf, Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon and Barra da Tijuca is simply wonderful. Then you will follow the way back to the bottom and get back to the vehicle which will drop you off at your hotel.
• Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hiking time is approximately 4 hours (2.5 up and 1.5 down)
- This is an advanced hike with light climbing; it is not suitable for inexperienced hikers or those with mobility issues
- Wear lightweight hiking clothes and sturdy walking/hiking shoes
- Bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, hat and money for incidentals
- The tour date may change depending on weather and other variables
- The tour is recommended for people over 12 years
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.