- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy breathtaking views of the city of Rio de Janeiro from atop Pedra da Gávea, a towering monolith known as Gavea Rock within Rio's tropical Tijuca Rainforest. Experienced hikers will love this challenging trek, which winds along precipices and climbs through durian-filled forest that's home to monkeys and giant butterflies. There's even a short-but-serious scramble up a rock wall on this 8-hour tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Safety equipment
- National park fee
- Food and drinks
Hotel pickup from most hotels in the São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana areas of Rio de Janeiro
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
You day-long tour starts with a morning pickup at your hotel, where you'll set off for a challenging trek up Pedra da Gávea, a stunning monolith within Rio de Janeiro's Tijuca Rainforest. The hiking portion of the day lasts roughly four hours in total.
Following your guide, you'll head toward the summit of the mountain, hiking among giant blue-and-yellow butterflies and past inquisitive monkeys that inhabit the area.
Tramp through jungly forest and catch the distinct smell of durian ― a native fruit ― as you go, passing natural springs and venturing along precipices en route. There's even a short scramble up an almost vertical rock wall.
Spectacular views overlooking Rio de Janeiro await you at the top, then it's time to descend the mountain followed by a leisurely drive back to the hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hiking time is approximately 4 hours (2.5 up and 1.5 down)
- This is an advanced hike with light climbing; it is not suitable for inexperienced hikers or those with mobility issues
- Wear lightweight hiking clothes and sturdy walking/hiking shoes
- Bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, hat and money for incidentals
- The tour date may change depending on weather and other variables
- The tour is recommended for people over 12 years
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.