- 2 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Pedra do Sino is located in the mountainous region of Rio de Janeiro, at an altitude of 2,275m. It is the highest point in the Serra dos Órgãos Moutain Range.
Our tour begins at the entrance of the Park in Teresópolis city, and we will continue towards the Beija-Flor River Dam, the starting point of the trail. The course is done on average in 6 hours of walking. During the trail we can observe the transition from the rich vegetation of the Atlantic Forest to the vegetation of high altitude fields.
Almost reaching the summit there is a mountain shelter known as Shelter 4 where we will spend teh night. This place serves as a shelter for those who make the Petrópolis x Teresópolis Crossing too. On the next day we will enjoy one of the most beautiful sunrises in Brazil at the Sino's Summit.
Transport from Rio and main meals are included.
- Specialists Guides in long-distance trekking;
- Guided Pedra do Sino trekking in 02 days;
- Transportation Rio de Janeiro x Teresópolis;
- Transportation Teresópolis x Rio de Janeiro;
- Serra dos Órgãos National Park taxes;
- Double Camping Tents;
- Food advising (for snacks during the trekking) before leaving;
- Remote monitoring of the Expedition;
- Safety equipment for technical paths (rope, baldriers, etc.
- Coletive First-aid kit;
- Expeditions Gift
- Personal accident insurance;
- Satellite tracking via SpotGen3;
- Porters of equipment of collective use;
- 01 Breakfast on the mountain (day 2)
- 01 Dinner on the mountain(day 1)
- Meals not described as included;
- Personal use medice;
- Any item not described as included.
Your Hotel at Rio de Janeiro.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Your hotel reception in Rio de Janeiro or Rio airport.
:: Pedra do Sino Trekking Expedition in 02 days - Rio de Janeiro ::
Day 1: Rio de Janeiro City (hotel Pick-up) x Teresópolis Headquarters x Shelter 4
The expedition begins at the headquarters of the Serra dos Órgãos National Park in Teresópolis city We will walk by the lower part of the park until entering the trail that will take us to the Pedra do Sino Peak. During the ascent we cross two waterfalls where the highlight is the Veil of the Bride of Teresópolis with 16 meters of height. Upon arriving at Shelter 4 we will set up our camping for overnight. We can make an attack on the Pedra do Sino Peak to enjoy a great sunset or rest.
Hiking distance: 14km
Overnight mode: Camping at the Shelter 4 (Pedra do Sino base)
Day 2: Pedra do Sino Summit x Teresópolis Headquarters x
Transport Back to Rio
We will wake up early for a nocturnal attack to the summit of Pedra do Sino (or the 'Pedra da Baleia') to enjoy the beautifull sunrise with visual for all Rio de Janeiro, Guanabara Bay and Tijuca Forest. The morning will be free time to enjoy the camping and explore the surrounding area. Pico do Papudo is a good request! We will raise camp and return to the porterhouse of the headquarters of Teresópolis.
Hiking distance: 13 km
Overnight mode: -
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years;
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions;
- A high amount of walking (moutain trekking) is involved;
- What you need to bring (Mandatory)
- ID or Passaport;
- Trekking Backpack;
- Sleeping bag (for 0~5 ºc);
- Sleeping Pad;
- Walking stick (01 or 02);
- Headlight and batteries;
- Bottle of water;
- Boot / Hiking shoes;
- Dry Fit / Polyamide shirts;
- Anorak /Fleece;
- Backpack sapce for trash;
- Toilet paper;
- Cell phone;
- Sancks for the day;
- Snacks for between meals.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.