- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a full of green city tour, with beautiful views, hiking in the Tijuca Forest and a refreshing waterfall. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Private tour
- Any item not listed as included
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
First we enter the forest of Mata Atlântica by sector C of the Tijuca National Park towards Pedra Bonita
Stop At: Pedra Bonita, Estrada da Cascatinha Tijuca National Park, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
You'll then start a light hike to Pedra Bonita summit, which will take you about 40 minutes to reach the top. From the summit, you will be able to see Pedra da Gávea, the beaches of Rio and the immensity of the Tijuca Forest around you. It is a beautiful natural viewpoint and one of the best spots to photograph the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Your eco tour continues through the Tijuca National Park towards the Vista Chinesa (Chinese Pavilion), a pavilion in eastern mold which was built between 1902 and 1906 to honor the Chinese people, who brought the cultivation of tea to Brazil. The "Pagode", original name of the structure that is made of bamboo and cement, is strategically located, from where you have an incredible panoramic view. You can see many touristic points from this angle, such as the Christ the Redeemer statue, the Guanabara Bay, Sugarloaf, Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon and the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cachoeira Do Horto, Estrada da Barra da Tijuca 793, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22641-990 Brazil
End your tour at Horto waterfall, where you can take a refreshing natural shower. The hike to the waterfall is light and it's located within the boundaries of the Tijuca National Park. The waterfalls in Rio de Janeiro are an excellent alternative to escape the overcrowded beaches of the city. This is a great option to enjoy some of the best natural beauty Rio has to offer.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Although the weather was not excellent, the short hike to pedra Bonita summit, and the waterfall grotto was cool. It is not too strenuous, but you should wear hiking shoes. You will do a little climbing on rocks. Heitor was very knowledgeable about the ecology of the environment.