- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Skip the cable car and hike up the famous Sugarloaf Mountain (Pão de Açúcar). Really feel like a boss when you reach the top after an incredible hike and brief basic rock climbing section of 15 meters / 50 feet. Don't miss out on this true local experience!
- Certified bilingual rock climbing instructor
- All safety equipment
- Private health insurance
- Cable Car descent to Morro da Urca (Urca Hill)
- Food, drinks and extra costs
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Tips for guides (10-20% of trip cost is typical)
Praça Gen. Tibúrcio, 75 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22290-270, Brazil
Returns to original departure point
During this excursion we will hike to the summit of Rio de Janeiro's famous Sugarloaf Mountain. In 1817, British female adventurer, Henrietta Carstairs, made the first ascent up the Costão Route. Since then, it has been one of the most exciting adventures in town, which is still unknown by a large part of Rio's population.
The most part of the hike is an ascent up the steep mountain East Face. Mid way through there is a fun 15 meters / 50 feet roped and secured rock climb - no previous experience necessary! Don't worry, our guides will provide all the safety equipment to enjoy this section with ease.
At the summit you will enjoy the city's best views: observe famous destinations such as Christ the Redeemer Statue, Copacabana Beach, Tijuca Forest and it's mountains, Rio's twin city Niterói and more.
To descent ride the famous cable car down (ticket included) to it's first stop (Morro da Urca). From there an easy and relaxed trail of 30 minutes takes us back to the Red Beach.
• Trilha do Pao de Acucar, Pista Claudio Coutinho, Urca, Praia Vermelha, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 7 years; minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all passengers
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to your late arrival
- No sandals; sport or hiking shoes only
- Recommended: Bring light clothes, comfortable shoes with a good grip, a two handles backpack, 1.5L of water, snacks, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and your camera!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.