- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Learn how to surf in Macumba beach in the best conditions. Thanks to warm its warm water and easy waves Macumba is the best spot to learn surfing in Rio de Janeiro.
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Centrally located Rio de Janeiro hotels
8:00am to 2:00pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Transfer from your accommodation to Macumba Beach. A private driver will pick you at your place and drive you to the surf spot in a comfortable and large car.
The 2h surf lesson is provided by a professional surf teacher with a maximum of 2 people per teacher. Your teacher will teach you the surfing technique on the beach and then in the water, you will learn how to paddle, pop up and catch your first wave. All the material is provided (Surfboard and Rash guard).
At the end of the lesson the driver will drop you off at your accommodation.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Age: Minimum 8
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
I can't rate this tour because the tour operator never showed up to pick us up. The confirmation number was invalid and when I called Viator, they contacted the tour operator I think and he was supposed to send me an email or call me. I never heard anything from him and when I went to the pickup place, I waited over an hour and never saw anyone. Not sure who dropped the ball here but I can't recommend a tour when the tour operator can't be reached.