- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The trail goes through the Tijuca Rainforest (National Park), one of the largests urban forests in the world with 40 km2. On the way up, you will learn and discover the history of Rio and Tijuca Forest and all about the coffee farms that used to exist there, the reforestation that took place in the XIX century and a lot about the flora and the ecology of the rainforest.
- transfers included only in South Zone of Rio
- Professional Guide
- Food and drinks
Transfers/meeting point: transfers included (roundtrip) from several neighborhoods of the
South Zone of Rio (if the accomodation is not in the route, we’ll suggest the closest meeting point).
An easy trail takes the group to one of the most stunning summits of Rio de Janeiro with a 50 minute hike going uphill. From the summit of Pedra Bonita (696m/2283ft) and from an unique angle you'll see the famous Pedra da Gavea, the majestic flat rock, like a 'table mountain' and the biggest monolith close to the ocean in the world (842m/2762ft high). From this summit, in clear days, we can also see the
West coast of Rio, the Barra area with its lagoons and also Ipanema, Leblon beaches and Dois Irmaos Peaks Hill.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Floresta da Tijuca, Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.