- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this full-day guided tour visit the Cajón del Maipo area, which is located in the southeast part of Santiago city, famous for its hills, massifs, estuaries and rivers. This tour is ideal for lovers of ecotourism who want to experience the tranquility and fresh mountain air. Start by having a panoramic visit of San Jose de Maipo in which you'll learn the history and the folklore of this area. Later, move on through the marvelous landscapes to get into the mountains, towards Embalse el Yeso, a big lake surrounded by mountains. Thanks to the climatic conditions this is the ideal place for your picnic lunch. Enjoy different types of meats and beverage, also included is shared bottle of wine to have a toast. After enjoying more of the views, start back to the city, appreciating this places natural beauty.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- This tour includes English tour guide (the service can be multilingual)
- Picnic (snacks cheeses, olives, salami, wine, juices, etc)
Hotel or address in Santiago
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return to place of pickup
Upon pickup from your hotel or address in the districts of Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura and Santiago Centro, or in a meeting point inside the same districts begin the trek to the south of the city. Cajon del Maipo is located next to the Andes mountains and it's the beginning of the road of "The volcano" the way to "El Yeso". On the volcano road see many little towns like Las Vertientes, El Canelo, El Manzano, San Jose de Maipo, El Melocoton, San Alfonso to name a few. In those little towns the people try to escape the busy streets and the constant noise of the city to live a country life near the mountains.
Later pass next to Tinoco Tunnel that has a special history and is very interesting to learn about. After the last visit start the direct way to "Embalse del Yeso" on a dirt road. Spend about 40 minutes admiring the marvelous views of the Andes. Next stop at the reservoir to see the beautiful views around the place and begin preparing for a picnic that consists of a variety of products with many different flavors, plus a bottle of wine to share.
Around 3pm start back to the city and returning back to your hotel or be dropped off in the central point in the city around 6pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Assumes no responsibility for events that are not attributable whatsoever to the tour like disease, strikes, weather conditions, natural disasters, riots or any other cause beyond our control
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.