- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore the heart of the Andes and discover, with a 8 kms hike (5 miles), a volcano of 5,800 meters of altitude (19,000 ft), just a 100 kms (62 miles) away from Santiago. A trip to the past, discovering the creation of the South American continent. Admiring stunning views of mountain rivers, glaciers and the amazing Andes mountains.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Bottled water
- Gourmet Sandwich & Snack
- Glass of wine
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pickups in private residence
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels and hostels in Providencia, Vitacura, Los Condes, and Santiago Center. If you are out of our range please put in contact with us !
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Wednesday and Saturday
We are going to a unique area close to the city of Santiago, named Cajon del Maipo. This is the place where you can do adventure tourism activities and enjoy the nature and the majestic Andes Mountain range. We will leave Santiago towards San José de Maipo where if you want, you can have a rich traditional breakfast for later, start again the trip. We will continue along the Canyon of the Maipo river, following it during the whole trip until we arrive to the area of “El Cabrerio”, where our trekking starts, in the heart of the Andes Mountain range. During our trekking, we are going to discover a volcano of 5.800 meters (19.060 ft) above sea level, located a 100 kms (62 miles) away from Santiago on a hike of 4 to 5 hours, roundtrip. A journey to the past of the creation of the south American continent in a peaceful area with breathtaking landscapes all over the incredible Andes Mountain range and its glaciers. During the trekking, our professional guides are going to give us information about Chile, our nature, environmental problems, flora and fauna of the area, so we can transform this incredible trekking in an unforgettable experience. We are going to hike to La Engorda Valley, where we are going to have the best panoramic view of San José Volcano and the Andes Mountains, here we will have a moment for relaxing, eating a delicious sandwich, taking some pictures and connecting with nature. We will start our walk back to the van where we are going to share a glass of chilean wine and start again our way back to Santiago, recharged by the energy of the mountains.
Difficulty: Medium. From 8 to 70 years old. It requires a good physical condition, for people without respiratory illnesses like asthma, heart problems, obesity or people who have undergone a surgical operation during the last six months. The maximum altitude is 2.500 meters above sea level. (8,200 feet) Altitude difference of 600 meters (1,960 feet). Previous experience is not required, comfortable clothes adapted for wind, snow, sun and good trekking shoes, are necessary.
*Tour subject to change due to climatic conditions like rain or snow.
Season: ALL YEAR. In Winter, if there is snow we will do the same trekking with snowshoes.
Trekking shoes or boots
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund with 48 hours of anticipation.
- Vegetarian option is available and other dietary requierements, please advise at time of booking if required
- Recommendations: sunscreen, trekking shoes, daypack, camera and warm jacket, sun hat.
- Passport number,full name, country and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.