- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Watch vendors holler and shoppers bargain in the bustling markets of Mercado Central and La Vega during this 4-hour food-and-market walking tour of Santiago. Enjoy neoclassical architecture along the way, and soak up the city skyline from the top of Cerro San Cristóbal. Hop onto local transit and discover the best places to eat, the best sites to see, and the best spots for just hanging out. By the end of it, you’ll be blending in like a true Santiago local.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- English-speaking guide
- Public transport fares
- 3 Food tastings
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
La Moneda, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Meet your guide at La Moneda Palace in the Plaza de la Constitución to kick off your 4-hour tour of Santiago that pairs sumptuous food tastings with incredible city views. You’ll travel by foot and take the metro to visit markets and historic neighborhoods.
In La Alameda, pass by the Iglesia San Francisco and Teatro Municipal. Stroll through Plaza de Armas and admire the Metropolitan Cathedral and Correo Central, the old post office.
Our first stop will be at one of the best local restaurants we know, who produce mouth-watering new Chilean cuisine. The menu changes every day, so let us surprise you with your dishes!
Next, walk to La Vega Central, a crowded and chaotic market known for the fresh produce that thrives in Chile’s mild climate and varied terrain. Pass by peaches, raspberries and custard apples, as well as healing potions and household items; all kinds of goods can be found here.
Our Santiago tour is then going onwards and upwards — literally! We’re taking the Funicular to the top of Cerro San Cristobal. At the top, you’ll have the best view of the city, so keep that camera handy. You’ll want to show off your awe-inspiring photos to everyone back home, right?!
We’ll finish up our Santiago tour in the bohemian Bellavista neighbourhood. A place full of life and arts and crafts. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay
Tasting might include:
Seafood pie with pisco sour
Homemade bread with parsley and tomato sauce
Traditional peach and wheat beverage
Homemade ice cream
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes and we recommend that you do not wear any jewellery or watches of value.
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- On weekends we will not visit the San Cristobal Hill, because of the long lines (we could be waiting in line for up to 2 hours). Instead, we’ll take you to somewhere equally as col and trendy.
- The funicular is closed on the first Monday of each month, so if you take the tour on that day, we've got something equally fun for you. On weekends we will not visit the San Cristobal Hill, because of the long lines (we could be waiting in line for up to 2 hours). Instead, we’ll take you to somewhere equally as cool and trendy.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.