- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A remote, majestic and quiet place at the foot of the Andes Mountains. Baños Colina is located about 100 kms (62 miles) away from Santiago and at an altitude of 2.500 meters (8.200 ft) . The waters of these natural pools can reach temperatures up to 50°C (122 F°) and are arranged as outdoor terraces, thanks to the calcareous deposits and the activity of San Jose Volcano of 5.856 meters (19.200 ft). Enjoy a relaxing and therapeutic hot spring bath in the middle of the Andes, after a stunning 4 kms (2,4 miles) hike to the view point of the San Jose Volcano volcanic complex.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Bottled water
- Gourmet Sandwich & Snack
- Glass of wine
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complimentay Insurance
- Pickups in private residences
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels and hostels in Providencia, Vitacura, Los Condes, and Santiago Center. If you are out of our pick up range just put in contact with us !
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
We are going to a unique area close to the city of Santiago, named Cajon del Maipo. This is the place where you can do adventure tourism activities and enjoy the nature and the majestic Andes Mountain range. This unique place at the foot of San José Volcano leads us to the Andes mountain range and to a lookout situated at 2.500 (8.200 ft) meters above sea level. The walk of maximum 2 and a half to 3 hours, will allow us to live the wonder of the mountains and learn more about the geography, geology and the flora and fauna of the area, thanks to our professional guides. From the lookout we will have a breathtaking view of San Jose Volcano and from the closest mountains. The Volcano is considered active due to its last eruption in the 60’s. As soon as we arrive to the lookout we are going to share a delicious sandwich and snacks, while we have a moment for appreciating the Andes and to take some photos, after that we will start our walk back. After finishing the walk, we are going to have a little trip of 25 to 30 minutes in the van to Colina hotsprings, where we are going to find natural pools of thermal water of different temperatures, located like an open terrace thanks to lime deposits. We will enjoy a relaxing and therapeutic bath in this thermal water after an incredible hike of 4K (2.4 miles) at an altitude of 2.500 metres (8.200 ft) above sea level. As soon as we are ready to go, we will share some good chilean wine and appetizers.
Difficulty: Medium. From 12 to 70 years old. It requires a good physical condition, for people without respiratory illnesses like asthma, heart problems, obesity or people who have undergone a surgical operation in the last 6 months. The maximum altitude is 2.500 meters (8.200 ft) above sea level. Difference in latitude of 600 meters (1,900 ft). Previous experience is not required, comfortable clothes adapt for wind and sun plus good trekking shoes are necessary. Tour subject to changes due to climatic conditions like rain or snow.
Season: Summer - From October 1st to May 31st
Trekking shoes or boots
Sun screen 50 SPF or more
Sandals or Flipflops
Sandals or flipflops
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund with 48 hours of anticipation.
- Vegetarian option is available and other dietary requierements, please advise at time of booking if required
- Recommendations: sunscreen, trekking shoes, daypack, camera and warm jacket, sun hat.
- Passport number,full name, country and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.