- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
If you are fascinated by the photos and pictures of light year distant planets, stars and galaxies far far away, then don’t miss this chance to get a glance of the famous Chilean clear skies only half an hour away from the city. The observatory is owned privately and located in the Andes!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Popular choice with kids
- Editor's Pick
- Private transport
- Bilingual guide
- Welcome glass of wine
- Explanation by astronomer
- CD with pictures
- Boutique appetizers & wine
- Entry/Admission - Andes Mountains
- Optional gratuities for guides and drivers
- Items of personal nature
- Travel insurance
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Andes Mountains, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
After arrival to this privately held Observatory in the middle of the Andes Mountains, you will be offered a glass of wine or other refreshment by our host. Followed by a brief presentation given by an experienced astronomer on where in the universe earth is located, complemented with astounding facts about planets, stars, galaxies and what can we expected to observe on the telescopes.
Next we begin the observation of the clear sky with our bare eyes and the guidance of our astronomer, we continue then with simple binoculars and move onwards in technology to bigger and higher tech telescopes until you finally get to see the beautiful celestial bodies on the astrophotography telescope. We will make sure you receive the pictures through e-mail!
To put your feet back on the ground, our host will serve you a glass of wine, cheese and other appetizers while you share your experiences and impressions with other members of the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Privately owned observatory.
Those in charge give you all of their time, enthusiasm and share their knowledge .
They also provide nibbles and drinks ,great hospitality.
Also the driver is amazing, a memorable journey up the mountainside.
A really worthwhile evening trip.