- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Leave Santiago for the serene central Chilean coast on this 8-hour guided tour. In a small group of no more than eight, visit Isla Negra, home to what is possibly the most interesting of the poet Pablo Neruda's three Chilean homes, filled with art and artifacts collected on his numerous world travels. Continue north up the coast to visit San Alfonso del Mar and the traditional town of Pomaire, known its clay craftworks.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Panoramic Visit to San Alfonso Del Mar
- Visit of different coastal towns
- Visit of Pomaire Handicraft town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (certain areas)
- Round-trip by shared air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Casa Museo Isla Negra
Your hotel in the districts of Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura, and Santiago Centro
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Your day begins with an 8am pickup from your hotel in the districts of Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura, or Santiago Centro, or at a meeting point in those districts. Greet your guide, board the air-conditioned van, and head out for the central Chilean coast.
Taking the highway named Carretera del Sol, or 'highway of the sun,' it takes around 1.5-hours from Santiago to Isla Negra. As you travel, admire typical agricultural landscapes.
Upon arrival in Isla Negra, visit the former home of the poet Pablo Neruda. One of three houses in Chile, his Isla Negra home is filled with personal possessions, many of them maritime themed, such a ship figureheads and ships in bottle.
Stay around 1.5 hours at the museum then take a look around some nearby little towns that are popular vacation spots, such as El Tabo and El Quisco.
Canelo y Algarrobo is the second visit of the day and is next to San Alfonso del Mar, which is home to the second-biggest swimming pool in the world. Later return to Pomaire for a lunch of typical Chilean dishes (own expense).
After lunch it's time for a walking tour around Pomaire. Check out the many different stores to see the variety of designs made by local artists.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off back in Santiago at around 6pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended since this tour does involve a moderate amount of walking
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.