- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the magic of the Andes during your visit to Santiago! The Embalse is one of the best spots of the mountain range. Disconnect yourself from chaos of the city and recover your energy. Be ready with your camera to go through a waterfall, a tunnel, a millenarian glacier and the suggestive main town of San Jose de Maipo.
Our professional mountain guides will show you the best of the area and you will have the possibility to taste appetizzers and chilean wine in the best company!. Live a unique experience and an unforgettable day at Cajon del Maipo!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual guide
- Gourmet Sandwich and apetizzers
- Glass of wine
- Entry/Admission - Cajon del Maipo
- Entry/Admission - Embalse El Yeso
- Pick ups in private residences
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels and hostels in Providencia, Vitacura, Los Condes, and Santiago Centro. If yor are out of our range please contact us !
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
We are going to a unique area close to the city of Santiago, named Cajon del Maipo. This is the place where you can do adventure tourism activities and enjoy nature and the majestic Andes Mountain range. We will leave Santiago towards San José de Maipo where if you want, you can have a delicious traditional breakfast for later, start again the trip. Here we can learn about the local history and culture. Later we are going to continue the trip on the side of the Maipo river up to the Mountains and we will have a stop at Tunnel Tinoco, which was declared National Historic Monument and nowadays is a point of interest due to local paranormal stories. Afterwards we will continue towards the embalse and make a stop at a viewpoint from the wonderful Yeso valley to also later stop at el Yeso waterfall. From this point we will have the possibility of sightseeing mountain peaks and one of the most emblematic glaciers of the area, Meson Alto. Finally, we are going to arrive at the Embalse del Yeso for enjoying the incredible landscape of the Andes mountain range and share a glass of chilean Wine (Cheese&Wine), a delicious sandwich and a moment of peace in nature. Discover the magic of the Andes mountain range! One of the best spots in this range is Embalse el Yeso. Disconnect yourself from the city and refresh your vitality. Live a unique experience and an unforgettable day with our expert guides at Cajon de Maipo! Tour subject to changes due to weather conditions like rain or snow. Note: During the Winter season (from May to the end of October) the Tour, due to winter conditions and the presence of snow, it could present a walk of 20 to 25 minutes before arriving to the Embalse.
Difficulty: Low. From 7 to 60 years old. Trip with a low altitude difference. It requires healthy condition compatibles with the activity. Previous experience is not required. The maximum altitude is 2.500 meters (8.200 ft) above the sea level.
Season: ALL YEAR.
Trekking shoes or comfortable, warm in winter
Gloves and windbreak layers on winter
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.