- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the beauty of the native Patagonian forest on this easy 5km hike in the Patagonian Andes. Learn all about Punta Arenas' wildlife, history, and culture with your passionate local guide.
Come with us on this all-inclusive excursion to hike the Lenga trail of the Reserva Forestal Magallanes, located just 15 minutes from Punta Arenas. The trail boasts stunning views of the Rio las Minas, a centenary mixed Nothofagus forest, and abundant birdlife typical of the region of Magallanes. Enjoy adventure, camaraderie, and, on your breaks, some special Patagonian snacks typical of our region.
Celebrate the completion of your hike with a boxed lunch overlooking Punta Arenas city and the Strait of Magellan.
Be sure to bring your camera, your hiking shoes, and your sense of adventure on this beautiful excursion to discover the real treasure of Chilean Patagonia.
- Use of Trekking pole
- Use of Binoculars
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - We will provide a boxed lunch of locally sourced food typical of this region.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Reserva nacional Magallanes
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick all passengers up from their accommodations or cruise ship on the morning of their tour.
Terminal Jose de los Santos Mardones, Muelle Prat
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reserva nacional Magallanes, 5 kilometros al oeste de Punta Arenas, Punta Arenas Chile
We will start the day by picking you up at your accommodations or cruise ship at 9:30 am. Then we will drive no more than 20 minutes to the west side of Punta Arenas to get to the Reserva Forestal Magallanes. This nature reserve has easy-medium difficulty hiking trails and beautiful views of the forest, Punta Arenas, and the Strait of Magellan.
When we get to the Reserva, we will enjoy a maté (or other hot beverage of your choice) while we do a quick briefing.
After the briefing, we will begin our hike. As you walk through the forest, your guide will help you discover the native flora, abundant birdlife, and unique geology of Patagonia. They will also recount the history of Punta Arenas as you walk along the enchanting forest path.
We will be hiking at a relaxed pace, and will stop along the trail at the halfway point to relax and enjoy our boxed lunch.
We finish our 2.5 km hike with a stop at a beautiful lookout over Punta Arenas and the Strait of Magellan. Here we'll enjoy refresments before returning you to your desired drop off location.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.