- 4 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Depart San Pedro de Atacama on an unforgettable 3-day expedition in a 4x4 Toyota land cruiser through the desert of southwest Bolivia and into the vast and blinding-white salt flats of Uyuni. Along the way, visit tiny villages, multi-colored lakes with flamingos, geysers, and thermal hot-springs at 5,000m.
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- 2 Nights accommodation in basic dorm-style rooms with shared bathroom
- 1 Night bus Uyuni - La Paz (no tour leader on bus)
- Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack during tour
- Local Driver
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners & Snacks
- Shower on the 2nd night but very basic (Hot Shower for 10 Bs)
- Entrance Fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs*), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs*
- Please note that these fees must be paid in Bolivianos and are subject to change without prior notice.
- English Speaking Guide
- Shower on the first night Tips
- Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated.
- Airport Transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Pick up from downtown hotels of San Pedro de Atacama
Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama-Green Lagoon-Dali Desert-Sol de Mañana geysers - Red Lagoon (B/L/D)
Stop At: Laguna Colorada, Laguna Colorada, Potosi Department
Depart San Pedro de Atacama at 7:00 am by minibus for an exciting 3-day excursion. Cross into Bolivia, passing by the Chile and Bolivia immigration offices. Once on the Bolivian side, at 4400m above sea level, we change vehicles to a 4WD Jeep with a maximum capacity of 6 people. We start off in the Bolivian high plains, visiting places like the Green Lagoon (toxic copper water) and Laguna Blanca, located at the foot of the big Licancabur volcano at 6000m. Continue on to Dali Desert, where Salvador Dali found his inspiration from boulders sprinkled in the middle of the desert. There you can admire surrealistic landscapes, thermal water pools, the Sol de Mañana geysers –intermittent springs coming up at a 100º C. Walk carefully next to fumaroles and steaming craters filled with boiling pots of mud at 150-200 Cº. The journey ends up at Laguna Colorada, an intense red-coloured lake which acts as the main nesting centre for thousands of flamingos of 3 different species.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in dorm
Day 2: Siloli Desert-Chiguana Salt Flat (B/L/D)
Stop At: Salar de Chiguana, Bolivia
Have an early breakfast and depart around 8:00 am this morning. Pass by the Siloli Desert at 4,550 meters (the highest and driest in the world) where there are a set of rock formations as a result of wind erosion. Take a photo next to a huge lava rock formation in the shape of a tree. Continue on to high plain lagoons also known as coloured lagoons; Laguna Honda, Chiarcota and Cañapa. Then we make our way to Chiguana salt flat, on the south side of Uyuni salt flat and surrounded by volcanoes. The night is spent at the Salt Hotel (a hotel made of salt), in double or triple rooms.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in the Salt Hotel in double or tripple rooms
Day 3: Uyuni Salt Flats-Uyuni (B/L)
Stop At: Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosi Department
Depart at 8:00 am and cruise along the vast white expanse of salt today. Visit Inca Wasy (Fish Island), located in the middle of the salt flat, with beautiful cactus and rock formations made of petrified coral. Take time to organize your group for a fun perspective and proportion-distorted photos on the blinding white surface of the salt flats. Pass by piles of salt at the small village of Colchani, a salt miners workshops next to the salt flats. End your unforgettable trip to the town of Uyuni around 3:00 pm and say goodbye to your new friends. We hope to see you soon for your next adventure! At 8 PM board your overnight bus back to La Paz.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight bus to La Paz
Day 4: Arrival at La Paz
Pass By: La Paz, La Paz, La Paz Department
Arrive at La Paz early morning and enjoy your free day, or continue with your forward journey.
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
- The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
- Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers,
- we recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -25 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of
- like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.