- 11 to 13 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit Chile's Cajón del Maipo, The yeso Dam and Natural Hotpsprings on one day in this guided tour from Santiago. On this full-day guided tour visit the Cajón del Maipo area, which is located in the southeast part of Santiago city, famous for its hills, massifs, estuaries and rivers. This tour is ideal for lovers of ecotourism who want to experience the tranquility and fresh mountain air. Start by having a panoramic visit of San Jose de Maipo in which you'll learn the history and the folklore of this area. Later, move on through the marvelous landscapes to get into the mountains, towards Embalse el Yeso, a big lake surrounded by mountains. Thanks to the climatic conditions this is the ideal place for your picnic lunch. Enjoy different types of meats and beverage, also included is shared bottle of wine to have a toast. After enjoying more of the views, start the road to enjoy the Natural Hotsprings!!.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- This tour includes tour guide separated from driver (the service can be multilingual)
- Picnic (snacks cheeses, olives, salami, wine, juices, etc)
- Alcoholic Beverages
Hotel or address in Santiago
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
Your tour begins with a pickup from your Santiago accommodations. Climb aboard the comfortable air-conditioned minivan and begin the drive of about an hour to Cajón del Maipo. This is not a charter bus!! is a tour made with Van and you are going to have the opportunity to ask and talk with your guide in every moment.
Cajon del Maipo is located next to the Andes mountains and it's the beginning of the road of "The volcano" the way to "El Yeso". On the volcano road see many little towns like Las Vertientes, El Canelo, El Manzano, San Jose de Maipo, El Melocoton, San Alfonso to name a few. In those little towns the people try to escape the busy streets and the constant noise of the city to live a country life near the mountains. Later pass next to Tinoco Tunnel that has a special history and is very interesting to learn about. After the last visit start the direct way to "Embalse del Yeso" on a dirt road. Spend about 40 minutes admiring the marvelous views of the Andes. Next stop at the reservoir to see the beautiful views around the place and begin preparing for a picnic that consists of a variety of products with many different flavors, plus a bottle of wine to share.
After that start the travel to unique natural hotsprings. You will find a beautiful mountainous area to enjoy relaxing thermal baths in the rustic hot springs. The natural pools are in open-air terraces, allowing you to enjoy a relaxing and therapeutic bath within mineral waters and observe fascinating natural surroundings by the river.
Later start the travel to return to your accomodations
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Assumes no responsibility for events that are not attributable whatsoever to the tour like disease, strikes, weather conditions, natural disasters, riots or any other cause beyond our control
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.