- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Located 20 miles (32 km) northeast of Punta Arenas in the middle of the Strait of Magellan, Magdalena Island is a must for animal lovers. The island, a protected area since 1982, was renamed Los Pinguinos Natural Moment. It has an interesting ecosystem, home to more than 120,000 couples of penguins which come during the summer to reproduce and other birds such as cormorants and Andean seagulls.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tour departure from the Prat Pier, with pick up from your Hotel in Punta Arenas
Return to your Hotel in Punta Arenas
Our service includes passenger's pick up at 6:45 AM from the hotel where they are staying in Punta Arenas to Prat Pier, located near the Plaza de Armas of the city (Main Square). Here, passengers will check in and board. Departure time is 7:30 AM to go to Los Pingüinos, a natural monument located on Isla Magdalena. During the trip, a guide will deliver tour information in English and Spanish. After a hour and a half of navigation through the Estrecho de Magallanes, we will arrive at the dock of Isla Magdalena and disembark to visit the penguins colony for about one hour. Afterwards, we embark for starting the return trip to Prat Pier in Punta Arenas at around 11:30 AM. Finally, pax are transported to their hotel in the city, arriving around noon (12:00pm).
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable, warm clothes and trekking shoes or boots
- Please bring a jacket or sweater, a scarf, hat, sunglasses and water
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants (mandatory)
- Tour is subjected to weather conditions
- On peak season (Christmas Holidays, Cruise dates) the time for your tour may vary depending on availability. We will contact you after your purchase to confirm pick up time for your tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.