- 1 day (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Immerse yourself in the natural splendor and spectacular scenery of Cajon del Maipo on a full-day private tour from Santiago. Awaken your senses to the fragrant mountain air and dramatic landscape of the mountainous enclave while gaining insight into the fascinating flora and fauna with an insightful guide. Visit the traditional town of San Jose de Maipo to learn of the cultural customs of the region. Personalized attention from your guide is guaranteed on this private tour.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Hotel pickup included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (guaranteed only within the pickup range)
- Picnic lunch (dried fruits, fruits, cheese, local products and delights)
- Local Wine
- Beer or juice sample
Your Santiago hotel or accommodation
7:00 - 07:30am
Between 16:00 - 17:00pm
Depart from your Santiago hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and relax during the scenic southeastern drive to the heart of the Andean mountain range. Ascend a winding off-road path and admire the stunning sights as you approach your destination.
Arrive at the dramatic valley of Cajon del Maipo and marvel at the hypnotizing landscape; scour the natural panorama for jagged snow-capped peaks, bounteous orchards and verdant vineyards before disembarking at 9,843 feet (3,000 meters) above sea level, at the Embalse el Yeso reservoir. Set out on a walk around the glittering turquoise waters of the lake; capture incredible photographs as you circumvent the rugged canyons, listening to captivating commentary about the geology and ecology of the area with your guide.
Return to the vehicle and enjoy a delicious picnic-cocktail accompanied with a nice selection of Chilean wines. After this venture along a picturesque rural road to San Jose de Maipo, a charming town enveloped by the Andean mountains. Declared the capital of the region since 1792, the provincial pueblo boasts quaint artisan shops and an ambient central plaza. Take some time to stroll the serene streets, learning about local folklore as you absorb beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and try a traditional "empanada" at a local empanada shop.
Return to the minivan and appreciate the luscious landscape as you travel back to your Santiago hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Our guide contacts all the participants the day before the tour with any necessary additional information about the weather and pickup details
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
It was a fabulous day, made wonderful by my guide Martin...knowledgeable, friendly, and he really focused on what I wanted to learn on the trip. He stopped to introduce me to the plants of the region, local culture and history, and the nature of the canyon, lake, and mountains. The picnic by the lake was awesome...basking in the warm sunshine and nibbling on the delicious local favorites. It was great to have Martin's lively conversation and I felt he was so positive in every way. I would highly recommend this trip, and especially with Martin as your guide!