- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A Spectacular Tour of Chile's Beautiful Central Coastline Visiting Small Villages and Coves, an an Alpaca Farm, and even spot some Penguins in Cachagua!!
• 9-Hour Private Tour
• Free Hotel Pick-Up and Airport Transfer on Tour Date
• Professional & Multilingual Guide
• Comfortable Van
• Alpaca Farm
• Towns of Cachagua, Zapallar, Llay Llay
• Stroll along a stone path following the coastline and spot Humboldt Penguins on Penguin Island in Cachagua
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Bottled water
- Entrance to Alpaca Farm
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- Optional One-Hour Private Boat Ride Around Penguin Island - $60.000 CLP per group to be paid on-site
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chile Dream Tours, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
One of our most popular tours! After your hotel pick up, we venture to the countryside where we will visit the largest privately-owned alpaca farm in Chile. Indulge in the luxury of nature and discover this beautiful animal up close. You will see the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade art crafts that successfully portray the patrimony and spirit of the Andean culture, which is the World of Alpaca. We then continue to the Pacific coastline to the town of Cachagua. We will be a stone’s throw from “Penguin Island” where on most days we will be able to catch glimpses of penguins by the naked eye or using binoculars. We will walk on a beautifully carved pathway to a small cove with gorgeous views of the ocean. Afterwards, we will stop for lunch in the quiet seaside resort town of Zapallar. This tour is a “must do” for anyone wanting to experience the essence of Chile!
NOTE: Penguin sightings from the shore are most common during the summer months of December – February. Between March and November, the penguins tend to move inland to their burrows. Therefore, please be aware that during these months it may not be possible to see the penguins from the shore. You will have the option of taking a one-hour private boat ride around the island for closer viewing of the penguins. This is an additional $60.000 Chilean Pesos per group (up to 7 people) and payment must be made in cash directly at the dock on the tour date. This is highly recommended anytime during the year (weather permitting). Please note your interest in taking this optional boat ride when you complete the reservation form.
Duration: 9 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Free airport pick-up/drop-off on tour date
- Infant seats available
- 8:00 a.m. Departure Time
- NOTE: Penguin sightings are most common during the summer months of December - February. Between March and November, the penguins tend to hide in the burrows which makes them less visible. Therefore, please be aware that during these months there may be no penguins visible. Nonetheless, this is a wonderful tour exploring a beautiful part of the Chilean coastline.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our 8 day visit to Chile included two highlights on THIS tour. Sean took us about an hour or so outside of Santiago to Quintessence Criadero and Boutique. We had an "up close and personal" experience with this Alpaca farm and business. Sean's own enthusiastic interest in these animals was reflected in his translations of the tour guide's information. This is not only a tour for animal lover's but for Textile lovers. The story of the evolution of this farm and business is delightful. Knitters: Baby Alpaca Yarn is available for purchase! We also went to the coast for a terrific lunch by the sea and then PENGUINS. Near the town of Cachagua , Chile, we hiked on a stone pathway on Zapallar Beach to a point to view the Humbolt (?)Penguins . The Island where they reside is a protected area. Sean had binoculars available for up-close viewing, too. Sean's generosity with his enthusiasm and knowledge made this a 5 star tour.