- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the Andes hiking along the Juncal Andean Park, which has unique natural features and a remarkable beauty. Emplaced just two hours from Santiago, this private park created in 1911, comprises the Andean wetlands, a focus of conservation for its vital importance as a source of life which provide shelter to a wide variety of birds. The main activity consists to reach the largest glacier of Chile out of Patagonia and Antartic; The imposing Juncal Glacier, that curiously face the sunlight to the north, leaving astonished those who decide to go to meet it.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- All-inclusive tour
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Professional guide
- Comfortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- First aid kit
- Trekking poles
- Box lunch per person:
- Sandwich Cesar salad or similar Cereal bar Chocolate or cookies Tea and coffee Two fruits Water
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Your hotel in Santiago
Returns to original departure point
You’ll enter the park alongside the intriguing train railway that used to connect with Argentina, then hike through a low slope trail by the eastern bank of the Juncal river. The path takes you to a huge vega, this is a mountain oasis, plenty of life due to the presence of water all year round. After the wetlands, you’ll cross on foot the “Monos de agua” river.
The last section of the path becomes less clear and fades into a steep moraine. Frigid winds blow as you turn into the glacier’s gorge. Without foreseeing, you begin to step on ice that shines in between ever-changing crevasses and the fallen rocks of surrounding towering mountains.
The route has a medium difficulty, it consist on a 9km (5.6mi) trail to the glacier, which gains around 600m (1,960ft) on elevation, reaching 3,000m (10,000ft) above sea level. You'll take the same route on our way back, hiking a total of 18km (11.2mi).
• 07:30 Pick up at the hotel
• 09:30 Arrival to Park. Hike begins
• 11:30 Lunch at “Monos de agua” river
• 13:00 Juncal Glacier lookout
• 13:30 Descent begins
• 17:00 Ride back to Santiago
• 19:00 Back in your hotel
• Pre-hydration and good breakfast
• Hiking shoes or boots
• Small backpack
• Long sleeves shirt if possible
• Shorts on summer
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm, windproof clothingRemember, you can always leave things in the car.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.