- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
VTS enjoy travel has the pleasure to invite you to Sewell, a legendary mining camp placed in the middle of the “Cordillera de Los Andes” with more than 100 years of history. This beautiful place is located only 150 km south of Santiago. The purpose of the construction of this mining camp in such extreme conditions was to give shelter to miners and workers of the copper mine, “El Teniente”. Sewell was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO due to its important contribution to the copper history in Chile, its perfect construction and architecture and also its rich cultural value.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at Fuente Millán.
- Professional driver authorized to move through the copper road.
- Monitored GPS system.
- Full compliance with regulations established on the decree 80 of the “Ministerio de transportes y Telecomunicaciones”, regarding regulations of paid private transportation of passengers.
- Life insurance.
- Entry/Admission - Andes Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Sewell Mining Town
- Entry/Admission - Tour Sewell
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Cerro Colorado Street
General Bustamante Street
8:15am Cerro Colorado Street #5240, in front of the Torre del Parque Building.
8:30am General Bustamante Street #10, outside the Starbucks coffe location
1st Stop: Plaza Baquedano, besides Movistar Building, Santiago.
2nd Stop: Parque Arauco Boulevard, Santiago.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Andes Mountains, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sewell Mining Town, Machali, O'Higgins Region
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tour Sewell, Rancagua, O'Higgins Region
Sewell World Heritage Site
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age stablished by CODELCO to visit Sewell is from 7 to 75 years old.
- Please provide local service provider with your contact information, nationality, passport number, age and departure city at time of booking in Special Requirements field
- Altitude reaches over 7,000 feet (2,200 meters) above sea level. Passengers should be in overall good health
- Photos and video are allowed; alcohol is not allowed.
- Please dress appropriately for high mountain. Pants, hats, gloves and comfortable shoes (open shoes such as sandals are not allowed) are recommended for mountain altitude and avoid humidity.
- If canceled due to bad weather conditions or per instruction of Codelco Chile - Division El Teniente (site management), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
A really interesting trip out to Sewell
A worthwhile tour that shows Chiles copper industry past and present.
The journey to Sewell through the copper mines was fascinating
We not only saw the camp, but the whole surface operation of the mine. It was so much more than we had anticipated. The history and scenery make this a must.
A great day in the cold of Sewell. Most interesting past and present. My only problem was that for the first part of the tour being the only English speaker I was given the English commentary in private but hearing my guide over the loudspeaker delivery of the Spanish guide was disconcerting. We soon put that right and all went well from then on.
This tour was great. Tour bus was comfortable. The tour guide is an experienced worker who provides information in English and Spanish.
An amazing historical site that shows the golden age of the mining industry in Chile! We were picked up on time at Baquedan Square, our tour guide Marco was very professional and spoke fluent English, included lunch was absolutely delicious and the whole tour was just perfectly arranged!