- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the beautiful Patagonia full of flora and fauna, travel on a ferry and meet the King Penguin Colony, also discovering the Tierra del Fuego; origin of the Selknam culture. After crossing the Strait of Magellan and visiting Porvenir, we will go 114 km to the east, where the King Penguin Park is located, a unique sighting spot we will be able to observe a group of about 40 specimens of this species at close range. After 1 hour in the place we will continue our trip observing the helmet of the Estancia Josefina. We will also visit the Cerro Sombrero village. Finally we will cross again the Strait of Magellan.
- Transfer from/to Punta Arenas Hotel.
- English/Spanish tour guide
- Airport transfers
- Optional Gratuities
- King Penguin Park entrance fee ($12.000 CLP)
The tour departs from your Hotel in Punta Arenas
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Customer's Hotel in Punta Arenas
The day begins by pick up approximately from 7:00AM from your Hotel in Punta Arenas and then, we go to the Tres Puentes terminal to take the ferry that in 2 hours of navigation crosses the Strait of Magellan to the Island of Tierra del Fuego. The disembarkation is in Chilota Bay and from there it's a 5-kilometer trip where you will reach the city of Porvenir; to see its Plaza de Armas Selknam's main square. Later we will visit their small but very interesting museum, where we can find a viewpoint of the city.
Later, we continue the trip to the King Penguin Park, 114 km away from the city. This trip takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes and a large part of it is skirting Bahía Inútil. The Park is a unique sighting place where following the path we can observe a group of about 30 to 40 specimens of this species at a distance of between 15 to 20 meters approximately. After 1 hour in the place, we will continue our trip observing from the route the helmet of the Estancia Josefina, one of the most important of the island.
We will also visit the Cerro Sombrero oil town. Finally, we will cross again the Strait of Magellan, this time for its narrowest part (Primera Angostura, only 20 minutes of navigation). Depending on the date of travel, times and hours of light we can stop at the abandoned Estancia San Gregorio, one of the first and most historic in the region and then return to Punta Arenas.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable, warm clothes and trekking shoes or boots
- Please bring a jacket or sweater, a scarf, hat, sunglasses and water
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants (mandatory)
- Tour is subjected to weather conditions
- This tour doesn't work on December 25th and January 1st.
- There's an entrance fee which you have to pay directly on the destination, which cost $12.000 CLP as entrance for the King Penguin Park.
- There'll be time for a traditional chilean lunch (meals not included)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
If you cancel at least 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 5 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.