- 10 to 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
An unforgettable trip to the center of the Andes Mountains just 40 miles from Santiago.
The lake is called “Embalse El Yeso” (Plaster Reservoir). It supplies Santiago with much of its potable water. Enjoy a magical journey that appears the magnificent Andes Mountains, enjoy and lose yourself in nature. The tour includes a stop in San José de Maipo, a typical mountain town, and other interesting sights.
- Round trip accommodations within a limited area (Center of Santiago, Providencia, Las Conde until Manquehue Avenue). If your lodging is out of this area, it is likely we’ll set up a meeting place for you.
- You’ll be entertained with cheeses, olives, wines, pisco sour, etc. or other similar things to eat.
- Tips (optional)
- Special clothing for the snow.
- Any other goods or services not previous mentioned.
• Round trip accommodations within a limited area (Center of Santiago, Providencia, Las Condes until Manquehue Avenue). If your lodging is out of this area, it is likely we’ll set up a meeting place for you.
Between 06:00 am. and 6:45 am.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
It is an unforgettable experience in the great beauty of nature, the Andes Mountain in all its splendor.
The van will pick you up at your hotel (Center of Santiago, Providencia and Las Condes until Manquehue Avenue) between 06:30am and 07:10am.
Your first stop is in a rental store. During the winter months (June, July, August and September) it is highly recommended wearing snow boots. During the winter this area has snow on the ground. So usually it is not possible to drive to the lake. Depending on the conditions of the road, sometimes it is necessary to walk in the snow. It’s an easy walk that lasts from 20 to 90 minutes and you will be thankful to have suitable footwear.
Depending on the day, the temperatures can range from -5 °C to 15 °C (23.0 °F to 59.0 °F). Therefore, on cold days, it is not an exaggeration to rent pants, jacket or snow gloves. Consult your guide during the tour about what is convenient to rent.
After enjoying this wonderful place the guide will be waiting for you with a picnic (cheese, olives, pisco sour, wine, etc. or other similar things to eat).
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The van will pick you up at your hotel (Center of Santiago, Providencia and Las Condes until Manquehue Avenue) between 06:30am and 07:10am. But at the night before your tour, between 9pm and 10pm you will receive a whastapp message or an email confirming the exact time the van will pick you up.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.