- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Save by booking two popular tours together: Hit the top attractions of Santiago on an introductory tour and explore two gems along Chile’s central coastline: Viña del Mar and Valparaiso, a UNESCO World Heritage site. In Santiago, stroll through Plaza de Armas, admire neoclassical landmarks like the Metropolitan Cathedral or the government house which is called "La Moneda", full of political history and capture alluring city views from Santa Lucia Hill. Stop by white-sand beaches in Viña del Mar, aka ‘Garden City,’ and then tread up into Valparaiso’s hilly maze of cobblestone streets and historic funiculars. Hotel transport is included for both excursions.
• Remember that those two tours have to be taken on two different dates, let us know which dates you prefer when you make your booking!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide
- Santiago Classic City tour
- Coastal Vina del Mar & Historic Valparaiso tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for both tours
- Food and drinks
Departs from most Santiago hotels
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
(Please remember that those two tours have to be taken on 2 different dates)
• Santiago Classic City Tour: We will start through the main avenue of the city, knowing its history and its surroundings. We will go down to the cobblestone neighborhood of Lastarría, a characteristic sector for its green areas and beautiful houses of the XIX century, now restored and mostly used as cafes, restaurants, bookstores and museums. Then, we will go to Cerro Santa Lucia here we will have time to walk and take pictures, while our guide tells us some of the most important episodes in the history of Santiago, such as the Mapuche / Spanish confrontation. From its terraces we will have a panoramic view of Santiago, as well as admire relics and constructions from the colonial era, such as Castillo Hidalgo. On the way we can see emblematic places of the city such as the Plaza de Armas, The Santiago Cathedral and its impressive architecture, in addition to the former national congress. We will arrive at the imposing government house “La Moneda” and next to it the “Plaza de la Constitución”; We will visit its surroundings and we will know more about its important history. The tour will continue with a step through the Central Market, one of the most characteristic gastronomic points of Santiago, and then continue to the upper sector of the capital. On the way we will stop at a lapis lazuli store wherever we can admire and/or buy beautiful jewelry. Then we will finish the tour at your hotel or drop off options.
• Coastal Viña del Mar and Historic Valparaiso: Travel along the central coast of Chile to visit the paradisiacal beach of Viña del Mar and the historic streets of one of Chile's most important ports, Valparaíso. While we are heading to Valparaiso on the Pacific coast, we will pass through the well-kept vineyards of the Valles de Curacaví and Casablanca. Valparaíso, Spanish for Paradise Valley, is a cultural center that serves as one of the most important ports in the country. The whole city is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage, Cultural for its intriguing cobblestone labyrinth of historic buildings and ancient funiculars along the sloping hills. From the viewpoint Mirador 21 de Mayo you can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the city and the port. Your guide will point out some of the most interesting places and is available for any questions you may have. We will visit the garden city, Viña del Mar, Spanish for Viña del Mar. The most famous and most visited beach on the Central Coast has much to offer. The city is mature, with beautiful parks, gardens and avenues scattered across miles of crystal clear beaches. Places of interest include the Presidential Castle, Liberty Avenue, Casino the 1930s, and several classics of century old palaces. As part of the experience, you may decide to enjoy the meal on your own in a charming restaurant in Viña del Mar (not included).
Santiago City Tour (3 hours):
After hotel pickup, drive with your guide by the towering skyscrapers of Sanhattan, the city’s high-end finance district; head to Republica, formerly home to the 20th-century elite; and pass by Club Hipíco, a thoroughbred racecourse founded in 1869 that was modeled after Longchamp in France. In the historic civic center, admire the neoclassical La Moneda Palace, the current seat of government, while learning its history, including the 1973 overthrow of President Allende that took place here.
Wander through the main square of Plaza de Armas, dotted with palm trees, and set eyes upon more beautiful examples of 18th-century architecture, including the Metropolitan Cathedral and Correo Central, the old post office. Continue to Cerro San Cristóbal in Metropolitan Park to admire sweeping city views. Explore the hilly and bohemian district of Bellavista, the former stomping grounds of Pablo Neruda, now buzzing with trendy eateries and galleries. Wrap it up at Mercado Central, a bustling wrought-iron fish market named by National Geographic as one of the world’s top 10 food markets.
Enjoy a variety of options to conclude your city tour: You can spend more time at Mercado Central and make your own way back to your hotel, ask to be dropped off at a mall to satisfy your shopping fix, or get a lift back to your hotel right away.
Viña del Mar and Valparaiso Day Trip (8 hrs):
From Santiago, take a 2-hour drive with your guide toward the coastline to Viña del Mar, making a brief stop en route at Reñaca beach to stretch your legs and capture beautiful views. Upon arrival in Viña del Mar, a seaside resort popular with the well-heeled residents of Santiago, enjoy lunch (own expense) at a restaurant of your choice.
Afterward, see for yourself why locals nicknamed Viña del Mar ‘Garden City.’ Head down the landscaped boulevard of Liberty Avenue lined with stately mansions; pass by Las Salinas beach, the 1930s casino Presidential Palace; and stand before a gigantic moai statue from Easter Island.
After Viña del Mar, continue to Valparaiso, a port city dating back to the 16th century, built on 43 hills. In this sloping labyrinth of cobblestone streets, crumbling mansions and historical funicular sit along winding streets that you climb to find Cerro Concepción, home to the city’s first funicular. Your guide shares naval history at Plaza Sotomayor, and you can marvel at panoramas of the harbor from the lookout point of Mirador 21 de Mayo. In the evening, take a scenic drive back to your Santiago hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes
- You may bring your own lunch or cash for taking it
- Please note: When booking the SuperSaver in Two Days, at checkout, select the date of your Santiago City Tour and then fill in the date you want to take the other tour for Valparaíso and Viña del Mar in the special requirements box.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.