- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
A trip through the Domeyko hills, with its prehistoric rock art and overwhelming desert tones
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Turistour will only have collection from the following list of hotels for this tour.
- Hosteria San Pedro de Atacama Casa de Don Tomas Hotel Altiplánico Hotel Kimal Poblado de Kimal Hotel Cumbres Hotel Noi Casa Atacama Hotel Don Raúl Terrantai Logde If your accommodation is not in the aforementioned, we recommend booking at BASE TURISTOUR located at Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451, San Pedro de Atacama.
- Entry/Admission - Yerbas Buenas Petroglyphs
- Entry/Admission - Valle Arcoiris
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 421, San Pedro de Atacama, Región de Antofagasta, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up by hotels starts 30 minutes before the start of the tour
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yerbas Buenas Petroglyphs, Near Rainbow Valley, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
We travel west of San Pedro de Atacama, to the Domeyko hills, a spectacular hill formation that runs parallel to the Andes. We will first visit Yerbas Buenas, an area of great historical importance due to its prehistoric rock art, which is one of the most important groups of petroglyphs in the region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Valle Arcoiris, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
The tour will take us back in time to when the indigenous people lived there, adding to the historical and cultural experience of the tour. We will then cross over to Matancilla, with its rich flora and fauna, to see the Rainbow Valley, named after the various colors of the surrounding hills. Its red, green, white, yellow, brown and earth colored tones combine with the blue sky and the white salt flats to create a truly unique setting. Next, we visit the viewpoint to take in the in the Cañon del Arcoiris (Arcoiris Canyon) and enjoy a bite to eat.
Duration: 3 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear a windbreaker or regular jacket, gloves, water, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Do not forget to bring cash to pay for the ticket
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.