- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 6 HOURS tour will take you through the great Elqui Valley (Valle del Elquin) where you can find places with paths between vineyards and fruit trees, barren hills covered with vines and pisco factories (liquor extracted from grapes).
We will visit the city of Vicuña where you can find its main square and the museum of the poet Gabriela Mistral. Also you can visit the salesroom of Papaya, the typical fruit of the area. Then we will enjoy lunch in a restaurant where food is cooked with sunlight!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Museo Gabriela Mistral de Vicuna
Port / Hotel
From tuesday to sunday.
Departing from the port of Coquimbo toward the Elqui Valley we'll drive for approximately 50 km.
From La Serena we will make the first stop at the reservoir Puclaro, engineering work created for the reserve of drinking water and irrigation of the fields of the Elqui Valley. We can see a beautiful view to the river. We will stop here for about 30 minutes.
Later, we visit a Pisco factory where we will know the process of the distillate of the grape. We tour the plant, taste their products and visit the showroom. Our stop here will be for about 45 minutes.
After this activity, we visit the city of Vicuña, its main square, the Tower Bauer. Then visit the Gabriela Mistral museum, where we will learn of the life of this great Poetess. Our stop here will last 30 minutes.
Then close to 1:30pm we will go for lunch at the town of Villaseca, famous for its delicious dishes that are cooked with sunlight. We will stop here for approximately 1 hour.
Time to start heading back to La Serena after lunch. On our way we will stop in the sales center Papayas, typical fruit of the area, where you can buy different products made from papaya.
We will be back at Port of Coquimbo at around 4pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.