- 6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience Patagonia like few do, with the comfort plus local insight. Immerse yourself in the epic tale of Patagonian conquest, one of passion, endurance, and intrigue.
Relive Ferdinand Magellan’s adventure, stand on the stern of his ship, visit world-class landmarks, such as the Cementerio Municipal. Layer up, and visit the first Chilean settlement at Fort Bulnes. Learn stories about fierce nature and unbroken willpower. If weather permits, you will see prancing dolphins on the blue Estrecho waters.
We offer complementary wi-fi, water, food, wine, and treats.
Enjoy our hassle-free experience, sit back, and enjoy an unforgettable day, we got you covered!
- Complementary on-vehicle Wi-Fi (Subject to geographical availability)
- Food tasting
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complementary gift
- Entrances Fees
- Entry/Admission - Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes
- Entry/Admission - Nao Victoria Museo
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Municipal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your cruise ship or hotel.
Muelle Prat, Muelle Mardones
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes, Ruta Y-621, s/n 52 Km South From Punta Arenas, Punta Arenas 6200000 Chile
We will begin our journey driving 45 miles along the coast to the south end of the continent to enter Parque del Estrecho, featuring historical Fort Bulnes, established 1843, and the first Chilean settlement in the region.
You will enjoy dramatic views of the southern islands, scenic mountains, and unique wildlife. We will experience the grandeur of the southern peaks while we stand on the southernmost continental grounds of Brunswick peninsula. It is surely a unforgettable experience that only few visitors enjoy.
We will wrap our experience by visiting Parque del Estrecho's Visitor Center, with its interactive museum, coffee shop and gift store.
We will then stop to taste delicious firewood-baked empanadas for lunch and sip Chilean wine while overlooking Tierra del Fuego. With a little bit of fortune we will have our lunch watching prancing dolphins, and spouting whales.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Plaza Munoz Gamero, Punta Arenas Chile
We will visit Plaza de Armas, a place surrounded by native trees, beautiful buildings, and imposing palaces. This prominent Patagonian landmark is the living memento of a glorious pioneering heyday. Plaza Muñoz Gamero features the famous monument to Ferdinand Magellan, Cape horn Hotel, Sara Braun Palace, Spanish clubhouse, and others.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Regional De Magallanes, Hernando de Magallanes 949, Punta Arenas 6200859 Chile
We will visit the Braun-Menendez Palace, built in 1903. We will immerse in the opulent lifestyle of the early industrialists while we learn about the intrigue
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mirador Cerro De La Cruz, Punta Arenas Chile
The tour continues to the viewpoint of the "Cerro de la Cruz", from where you have a magnificent view of the city with its colorful roofs, the Strait of Magellan and in the background the great Island of Tierra del Fuego.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Nao Victoria Museo, km 7,5 norte sitio 2A,, Punta Arenas Chile
We will wrap our journey by visiting the Nao Victoria Museum, where you can relive the epic tales of unbroken willpower of Ferdinand Magellan, Charles Darwin, Ernest Shackleton, and other pioneers as they traverse this breathtaking waters. We will explore real-scale replicas of historically significant vessels, such as the Nao Victoria, HMS Beagle, and the Ancud schooner.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cementerio Municipal, Punta Arenas Chile
We will traverse picturesque Bulnes avenue to visit Cementerio Municipal, listed by CNN as one of the most beautiful in the world; through its majestic layout, we will walk through untold tales of passion and perseverance.
Duration: 40 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.