- 6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience Patagonia like few do, with the comfort plus local insight. Immerse yourself in the epic tale of Patagonian conquest, one of passion, endurance, and intrigue.
Relive Ferdinand Magellan’s adventure, stand on the stern of his ship, visit world-class landmarks, such as the Cementerio Municipal. Layer up, and visit the first Chilean settlement at Fort Bulnes. Learn stories about fierce nature and unbroken willpower. If weather permits, you will see prancing dolphins on the blue Estrecho waters.
- Complementary on-vehicle Wi-Fi (Subject to geographical availability)
- Food tasting
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complementary gift
- Entrances Fees
Your hotel or Cruise port.
We will pick you up at your cruise ship or hotel. We will begin our journey by visiting the Nao Victoria Museum, where you can see real-scale replicas of historically significant vessels, such as the Nao Victoria, HMS Beagle, and the Ancud schooner. Afterwards, we will traverse picturesque Bulnes avenue to visit Cementerio Municipal, listed by CNN as one of the most beautiful in the world; we will walk through its rich history and unique layout. Continuing the tour with a visit to the Museum Maggiorino Borgatello, known for its ethnographic, archaeological, anthropological, botanic and zoological samples collected over 130 years of exploration. Afterwards, the tour continues to the viewpoint of the "Cerro de la Cruz", from where you have a magnificent view of the city with its colorful roofs, the Strait of Magellan and in the background the great Island of Tierra del Fuego. We will take a break to sample some delicacies from our local Chocolatier. We will then visit Plaza de Armas, a place surrounded by native trees, beautiful colonial buildings, and you can observe the prominent monument to Ferdinand Magellan.
We will continue our journey driving 45 miles along the coast to the south end of the continent to enter historical Fort Bulnes, established 1843, and the first Chilean settlement in the region. You will enjoy dramatic views of the southern islands, scenic mountains, and unique wildlife. We will wrap our experience by visiting the Visitor Center, with its interactive museum, coffee shop and gift store. We will then drive back to your hotel or cruise.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.