- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this day trip from Santiago to the coastal town of Isla Negra you'll learn all about Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. Visit his former home which now houses a collection of his works and artifacts from his life. You will also visit the small village of Pomaire, renowned for clay pottery.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Casa Museo Isla Negra
- Food and drink
Tour departs from Santiago hotels
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Daily, except Monday
Depart your Santiago hotel in the morning and head towards the coast. Your first stop is in Pomaire, a small village where the locals use local clay to make a variety of dishes, pots and interesting sculptures amongst other handicrafts.
Continue to Isla Negra, a small beachside community with a pretty beach backed by fragrant pine trees. Home to Chilean Nobel Prize for Literature winner Pablo Neruda, you'll visit the museum in his former home dedicated to his life. The architecturally eccentric building houses some of his collections, including bottles, figureheads from ships, shells and various other eclectic articles.
After your visit of Pablo Neruda Museum, there will be time for lunch (additional cost) before returning to Santiago.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Bookings with only one customer will be charged double the brochure rate in the event that minimum numbers are not met.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.