- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Let’s cross La Campana National Park hiking through the Chilean Palm Forest, and explore this lands of great biodiversity, like Charles Darwin did in 1834. This activity offers the chance to contemplate and be enchanted by a rich flora proper to the Chilean mediterranean climate, set in the Coastal Mountain Range.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Vegetarian meal option available
- All-inclusive tour
- Professional guide
- Confortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Box lunch per person:
- Sandwich Cesar salad or similar Cereal bar Chocolate or cookies Tea and coffee Two fruits Water
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional La Campana
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Santiago
The driver and the guide will pick you up at your hotel. It will take an hour and a half to reach the entrance of the park from where the hike begins. The hike will take you across the entire park from north to south on a trail of 8.7 miles (14km). You'll cross a hill path of 3,697 feet in altitude - with an elevation gain of 2,360ft-, and descend to Olmué sector. This is where the driver will be waiting to return back to the Chilean capital.
The excursion begins at the northern sector of La Campana National Park, which was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1985. From there head south towards Olmué. The first step of the route consists of three hours hiking up hill through a beautiful trail surrounded by perennial forests and Chilean palms, with gorgeous views of La Campana Mountain on the right.
Following the trail reach the Ocoa Hillpass, an excellent spot for lunch and rest while enjoying the beautiful views. Afterwards begin the descent towards the traditional town of Olmué, passing through a forest of Santiago Oak (Nothofagus obligua var. macrocarpa) which is one of the northernmost relic trees.
Join this excursion of excellence and have an exciting and unique encounter with nature which will become a wonderful lifelong memory.
Activity highlights include:
• Full day tour
• Medium difficulty hike
• Total distance is approximately 14km (8.7mi)
• Elevation gain is 720m (2,360ft)
• Max elevation is 1,127m (3,697ft)
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 13 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.