- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Estancia la Península lies tucked off the coast of Puerto Natales just 10 nautical miles up Last Hope Fjord. Visitors to the estancia can enjoy meeting local people, exploring the land and learning about the estancia’s holistic approach to ranching while enjoying a stunning backdrop of sea and mountains. Here at Estancia La Península we work to give all of our guests an authentic experience of Patagonian life.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- zodiac navigation round trip
- Local guide
- Estancia activity (choose from horseback riding, 4x4 drive exploring or trekking)
- Sheep dogs demonstration
- Coffee and/or Tea
- meals not mentioned
Between 8:30 and 8:45am
The Estancia Full Day tour gives you a feel for the essence of Patagonia. It begins with a boat ride through Last Hope Fjord where you will learn about the Last Hope province, it’s history and geography. Upon arrival to the estancia each guest will select a two-hour activity choosing from either trekking, horseback riding or a 4x4 drive exploring the property.
Everyone returns to the main estancia house after activities for a traditional Patagonian lamb barbeque known as asado al palo. After more than three hours slow roasting over coals this tasty dish is served with a fine Chilean wine and homemade sauces.
After lunch, the experience continues with a focus on the Patagonian ranching culture. We begin with one of the most essential tools for a gaucho, his dog. You will learn about the history of our sheep dogs and see a demonstration of how they work. Then a quick walk to the shearing shed will lead us to our final activities, the shearing of a sheep and a tour of the ranches’ facilities. The visit ends with a boat ride back to Puerto Natales.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.