- 1 day 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Very close to Santiago we find this amazing nature park to relax and breathe in the fresh air. At only 1 hour drive we arrive at the Yerba Loca Sanctuary. The hike is short and flexible to one's level or expectations!
We cross a river of blue melted glacier water, admire the peaks of the Central Andes and can observe pine trees & rock formations.
Animals you might see are foxes, eagles, or even a Chilean condor. After the hike, we serve a delicious gourmet picnic lunch with wine in the shade under the trees. Bonus: Hotel transport is included & English and Spanish Speaking guides available.
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Picnic lunch
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from hotels located in: Bellavista, Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura.
If you reside outside these areas, pick up will be coordinated at the Park Plaza Hotel, Ricardo Lyon 207, (corner with Nueva Providencia) Providencia.
Returns to original departure point
Inside the park, follow your expert guide on a relaxing 4-mile (6-km) hike that lasts up to three hours. Wander into meadows strewn with wild herbs, and inhale the fresh, calming scents of pine, eucalyptus and cypress trees dotting Villa Paulina valley. Admire the views that your guide points out such as the La Paloma Glacier, one of the largest ice formations in central Chile.
Yerba Loca is home to more than 500 species of plant and animal life, some of which you might get to see. Look around for the grey fox or Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse dashing through small forests of poplar, elm and ash trees. Overhead, you might find eagles soaring between treetops, or the mighty Chilean condor gliding effortlessly thanks to a 10-foot (3-m) wingspan.
After the hike, your guide takes you to a scenic location for a delightful gourmet picnic lunch, which typically includes freshly made local bread, red wine, seasonal fruit, cheeses, cookies and more.
Refreshed, follow your guide out of the reserve and climb aboard your vehicle for transport back to your hotel.
• Parque Yerba Loca, Camino Farellones Curva 15, Santiago 8320000 Chile
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: snow is only present in the mountains from May-September
- Although water is provided, it is recommended you bring your own in addition to the water provided
- It is recommended that you dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.