- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Find refuge and beauty inside Yerba Loca Sanctuary on this day trip from Santiago. During an easy 4-mile (6-km) hike, admire the towering Central Andes mountains and La Paloma Glacier, stroll through pine forests, and pass streams rushing with blue glacier water. Learn about the park’s abundant plant and wildlife from an expert guide. You might even catch glimpses of foxes, eagles, or even a Chilean condor. After the hike, tuck into a delicious lunch at a spot offering breathtaking views. Bonus: Hotel transport is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Picnic lunch
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Parque Yerba Loca
Park Plaza Santiago
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Trade hectic city life for tranquil beauty just an hour northeast of Santiago. After morning hotel pickup, arrive at Yerba Loca Sanctuary, a protected reserve in the Central Andes that is home to some of Chile's most gorgeous natural landmarks and wildlife. Surrounded by two mountain chains, the tallest peaks being Los Piches and El Altar, the sanctuary offers a diverse range of landscapes.
Inside the park, follow your expert guide on a relaxing 4-mile (6-km) hike that lasts up to three hours. Wander into meadows strewn with wild herbs, and inhale the fresh, calming scents of pine, eucalyptus and cypress trees dotting Villa Paulina valley. Admire the views that your guide points out such as the La Paloma Glacier, one of the largest ice formations in central Chile.
Yerba Loca is home to more than 500 species of plant and animal life, some of which you might get to see. Look around for the grey fox or Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse dashing through small forests of poplar, elm and ash trees. Overhead, you might find eagles soaring between treetops, or the mighty Chilean condor gliding effortlessly thanks to a 10-foot (3-m) wingspan.
After the hike, your guide takes you to a scenic location for a delightful picnic lunch, which typically includes freshly made local bread, seasonal fruit, cheeses, cookies and more.
Refreshed, follow your guide out of the reserve and climb aboard your vehicle for transport back to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Location: Parque Yerba Loca, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: snow is only present in the mountains from May-September
- Although water is provided, it is recommended you bring your own in addition to the water provided
- It is recommended that you dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.