- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
In Santiago’s mountainous region, we will visit the Aguas de San Ramón Natural Park – home to a beautiful waterfall as well as some of the flora and fauna typical of the Andean foothills. We’ll spend a full day on a trek that will take us over a hanging bridge, river crossings and lookouts with mountain views. We’ll enjoy a relaxed lunch at the foot of the waterfall best known as “Saltos de Apoquindo”. Your expert tour guide will tell you about the park’s history and help you to identify its flora and fauna. On our way back, we’ll watch the sunset and a panoramic view of Santiago city.
- Transportation (Hotel pick-up and drop-off)
- Driver (Professional License)
- Tour Guide (Spanish – English)
- Boxed lunch (Please advise if any restrictions)
- Cheese and snacks (Local Products)
Your Santiago hotel or accommodation
You will be picked up from your hotel between 7:30 and 8:00 to begin our adventure. We will set off in our vehicle toward the frontal wall protecting Santiago and start our trek at one of its most popular gorges. Once in the park, our guide will instruct us on how to organize the trip, hiking times and recommendations, and some exercises to warm up our joints before setting off. The trek will last around 3.5 hours on the way up and 2.5 hours on the way down – although the duration will depend a lot upon the group’s pace. During the hike, we will have the opportunity of encountering some of the different species of flora and fauna in the central zone, seeing different types of geological formations, and learning about the local geography. We will cross some estuaries and climb to our final goal of “El Salto de Apoquindo”, a beautiful waterfall around 30 meters high, accompanied by a fascinating pine forest populated by native flora. Here, we will enjoy our lunch, rest a while and enjoy the tranquility of the mountains. We will go back via the other side of the mountain so we can observe the differences in the ecosystem according to its exposure to the sun – also, we will be able to see the valley of Santiago and, if we’re lucky, a colorful sunset. We will arrive back at the hotel around 6:00pm to take a bath and rest after our great adventure in the foothills of the Chilean Andes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up from Santiago.
- Minimum age is 14 years old.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or other injuries
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Our tour guide contacts all the participants the day before the tour with the necessary additional information about the weather and pickup details
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If it rains or snows, you will take an alternative route that will be announced.
- All year
- Pricing Type: Private
- Maximum travelers: 8 or 12 (According the Transportation)
- Operates: Daily, subject to availability
- Languages offered on activity/tour: Spanish / English
- Cut-off Time: 24 hours
- Duration: 1 day
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.