- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This excursion is an excellent opportunity to experience high altitudes and admire the wonderful Andean landscape. We'll hike to the summit of El Pintor, which means The Painter in Spanish, at 13,700 feet (4,180 meters) above sea level. This colorful giant offers panoramic views of deep valleys and some of the highest peaks in the Americas.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Professional guide
- Confortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Ski resort fee
- Box lunch per person:
- Sandwich Cesar salad or similar Cereal bar Chocolate or cookies Tea and coffee Two fruits Water
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Santiago
Any day from November to April
The ascent begins at La Parva Ski Resort. The first section of the trail will take us to Laguna Piuquenes, a lagoon that resembles the shape of an eye. After a short rest, we will climb the steepest slope to a promontory named Falsa Parva, from there we will continue a two hours hike following a practically flat path that crosses through a desert and rocky landscape, to finally give our last efforts and attack the summit of El Pintor.
Fresh thin air and panoramic views of some of the highest peaks in America. We will distinguish huge mountains like Marmolejo, Piuquenes, and Tupungato, as well as Mount El Plomo, the highest visible from Santiago, which with its glaciers, majesty, and mystery has inspired explorers since the Inca times.
This is a high mountain experience and requires good mental and physical condition. Atmospheric pressure decreases at high altitudes and may provoke altitude sickness: nausea and exhaustion resulting from a shortage of oxygen.
We'll hike a total distance of 10.5 miles (17 km) back and forth, with a height difference of 3,937 feet (1,200 meters) and touch the sky at 13,700 feet (4,180 meters).
• 07:30 Pickup at your hotel
• 09:00 Beginning the ascent
• 12:00 Lunch
• 13:00 Summit
• 13:30 Descent
• 16:30 Hike end, ride back
• 17:45 Back in your hotel
• Pre-hydration and good breakfast
• Sleep well previous nights
• Hiking boots
• Small backpack
• Long sleeves shirt if possible
• Hat and sunglasses
• 3-4 top layers
• Leggings and/or light pants
• Windproof clothing
Remember you can always leave things in the car. Ask us for globes or backpack in case you don't have with you.
This route does not require the use of hands to climb.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.