- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This excursion is an excellent opportunity to experience high altitudes and admire the wonderful Andean landscape.
El Pintor is a magnificent mountain that rises above 4,000m (13,123ft) from sea level. Of moderate technical difficulty, this colourful giant offers excellent views of deep valleys and huge neighbouring andean peaks.
The ascent begins at La Parva Ski Resort. The first stage of the trek will bring us to Laguna Piuquenes sector at 3,599m (11,482ft). After a short rest here we will climb up 200m (656ft) more to a promontory named Falsa Parva. From this point we will continue for two more hours following a practically flat trail crossing by a desert and rocky landscape, to finally give our last efforts to attack the summit of this challenger.
This is a high mountain experience that requieres good mental and physical condition. Atmospheric pressure decreases in high altitudes and may provoke altitude sickness resulting from shortage of oxygen.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Professional guide
- Confortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Ski resort fee
- Box lunch per person:
- Sandwich Cesar salad or similar Cereal bar Chocolate or cookies Tea and coffee Two fruits Water
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Santiago
Any day from November to April
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: La Parva, La Parva, Santiago Metropolitan Region
El Pintor (The Painter) is a magnificent mountain that rises above 4,000m (13,123ft) from sea level. Of moderate technical difficulty, this colourful giant offer for those who came to meet it, an excellent view of deep valleys and huge neighbouring Andean peaks.
The ascent begins at La Parva Ski Resort. The first section of the trek will bring us to the sector of Laguna Piuquenes at 3,599m (11,482ft), a lagoon that resembles the shape of an eye. After a short rest we will climb up 200m (656ft) more to a promontory named Falsa Parva. From this point we will continue a two hour hike following a practically flat trail that crosses through a desert and rocky landscape, to finally give our last efforts and attack the summit of El Pintor.
Fresh thin air and panoramoc views of some of the highest American summits. We will distinguish huge mountains like Marmolejo, Piuquenes and Tupungato, as well as mount El Plomo, which with its altitude of 5,550m (17,795ft), rises from the north offering a great impression with its majestic hanging glaciers.
Attention! This is a high mountain experience and requieres good mental and physical condition. Atmospheric pressure decreases in high altitudes and may provoke altitude sickness: nausea and exhaustion resulting from shortage of oxygen.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.