- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join this exciting shared group tour of the Moon Valley in Chile. This 5 hour tour begins with a pickup from your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama at 3pm by your guide. You will then be transported to the driest desert in the world, Moon Valley, a landscape of salt and clay shaped by water and wind over millions of years. This tour has a group maximum 15 travelers and food and drinks are not included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Valley of the Moon entrance ticket: 4,000 Chilean pesos (approx 7 USD)
- Food and drinks
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
If you come to San Pedro de Atacama you can not miss visiting one of the most unique places in the world, the Valley of the Moon. Located in the middle of the deep dryness of the salt mountain range, you will find a landscape of salt and clay shaped by water and wind over millions of years. On this journey you will be able to enjoy the beauty delivered by extravagant forms that the cordillera mountain range gives that encourages the imagination and reflection for peace of mind.
As you spend the afternoon, you will go into the Death Valley, "Valle de la muerte," and from there you will enjoy one of the best views of the Andes and its volcanoes. To cap off the tour, you will watch the sunset. Also, be sure to take a look at the exhibit of the physical history and geological characteristics of the Moon Valley, then visit a small cave with your guide before climbing a large sand dune to observe the sunset.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear a windbreaker or regular jacket, gloves, water, sunscreen and sunglasses
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
- Note: do not forget to bring cash to pay for the ticket
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Not as advertised - this said small group tour max.15 but it was actually 20 people on a 40 seat bus. However it was good value for money, the bus was nice and our guide Francesca was fantastic. Overall good but if you are looking for a small group this is not for you.