- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the dark history of Punta Arenas on the 2.5 hour insider guided walking tour. Visit the historic sites of bloody rebellions, murders, and famous hauntings while learning about the culture, history, mythology, and mystery of this bustling port town.
• 2.5 hour walking tour of Punta Arenas with an expert guide
• Spectacular twilight views of the city
• Stroll through Punta Arena’s historic downtown
• Small-group format ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This is a walking history tour with a twist! Learn about the history and culture of the city while being enchanted (and spooked) by chilling ghost stories and folktales of the region. Meanwhile, the exclusive after-dark tour of a historic palacio gives you a special inside view of the city’s secrets and mysteries.
- Professional guide
Cerro de la Cruz
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Plaza Benjamín Muñoz Gamero, Punta Arenas, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mirador Cerro De La Cruz, Punta Arenas, Magallanes Region
Meet your guide at the beautiful Cerro Mirador de la Cruz to take in breathtaking views of the city, all the way to the Magellan strait while being introduced to the history of Punta Arena’s founding. Then, continue to the site of the actual Cerro de la Cruz to see a different view and talk about the bloody rebellion that inspired the monument’s erection.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mirador de los Sonadores, Punta Arenas, Magallanes Region
Look out over Punta Arenas as the sun goes down while listening to tales of the dark mythologies that colour the psyches of the people of Punta Arenas.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plaza De Los Derechos Humanos, Punta Arenas
Head down Avenida Colon to learn about the sad history of the Casa de la Risa, the ghosts that haunt the Avenida Bulnes, the unearthly inhabitants of Liceo Maria Auxiliadora, and more!
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Teatro Municipal, Punta Arenas, Magallanes Region
Pass by the Teatro Municipal and the Museo Regional for chilling tales of the phantoms that spend their afterlives there before finally moving to the Plaza Muñoz Gamero to hear about the hauntings and history of the beautiful palacios there.
Stop At: Plaza Munoz Gamero, Punta Arenas, Magallanes Region
Finish the tour with an after-dark visit to the famous Plaza Benjamin Muñoz Gamero to learn the dark histories of the boom time magnates that built the beautiful palacios that surround this iconic landmark.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.