- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Your host Carol offers a hands-on cooking experience during which you will get to cook along with her to prepare a traditional Chilean meal. She lives in a well-decorated apartment with beautiful views of the city from her balcony. Please note that as Carol's kitchen is small, you will use the dinning table to help with prep work and will watch Carol adding the finishing touches to the meal in the kitchen. After the cooking portion of the experience you will enjoy the meal you helped create together.
Carol loves having people over to cook for is and excited to prepare some her favorite dishes with you while sharing stories of growing up in Chile! Potential dishes you might make are pebre (a type of salsa with tomatoes, onion and coriander), palta reina (avocado with smoked salmon, cream cheese and parsley filling) and pastel de jaiba (Chilean crab casserole), and a dessert such as mousse de chirimoya (a fruit from the north of Chile served with orange syrup).
- Private cooking class and homecooked meal with your host Carol
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Meet Carol at her home.
You will be welcomed to into Carol's home with a warm smile, a welcome drink and some soft tango or latin music playing in the background.
Carol was born and raised in Santiago. She often invites friends and family home and loves cooking for them using family recipes she has collected over the years. Carol is a self-taught cook who learned to cook by constantly reading cookbooks, watching cooking shows, attending culinary workshops and experimenting in the kitchen. She enjoys cooking both Chilean as well as Arabic dishes that honor her Palestinian background. Her love of food has encouraged her to start a small business manufacturing and selling her own brand of hummus which she would be delighted for you to try!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.