- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this trip we will go to the heart of the Salar de Atacama until arriving at Laguna Chaxa, where we can see different types of flamingos and Andean birds, in a small guided trekking. You will be able to be at the tropic of capricorn, to know two majestic lagoons called Miscanti and Minhique that are to 4,200 msnm, nested in the foothills of the volcanos that bear the same names.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
At the agency - Caracoles 101 c
6:30/7:00 am to 17:00 available every day.
We start the tour from our office in San Pedro with a maximum of 15 people per van. The guide will receive you and then we head to the Lagunas Altiplanicas The tour includes the park entrances.
Departure time: 16:30hrs/7hrs Arrival time: 17:00hrs.
This tour includes breakast and lunch.
We will have an excellent breakfast admiring the lagoon Miñique. Returning to San Pedro, we will visit two villages that were and still are very important for the atacamenha culture. The town of Socaire is a characteristic place because it has great influence of the Tiahuanaco culture, with its terraced crops, and its picturesque church in volcanic liparite stone. To finish, they know the town of Toconao, where they can photograph with llamas and in the background, the imposing Lascar volcano, currently active.
We continue 60 km towards the border with Argentina where we will find the Salar de Aguas Calientes, to see the sector of Piedras Rojas; unique and extraordinary place. Clay formations on the edge of the red color Salar that when merging with the mountains presents us with a unique photographic frame. We will also visit the heart of the Salar de Atacama, the main reserve of the Andean and Chilean flamingos to visit the village of Toconao, with its church and bell tower considered Chile's heritage.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.