- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
• Join us to a whale watching tour from La Serena and visit the Humboldt Penguin Nature Reserve
• See fin whales, blue whales, humpbacks in a responsible manner
• Spot other marine life in their natural habitat, including sea lions, Humboldt penguins, sea otters, Peruvian boobies, cormorants, pelicans, seagulls
• Experience life in a traditional Chilean fishing village
• Explore the wildlife of Atacama desert
• Taste the local Chilean cuisine
• Visit an olive oil farm in the Atacama desert
• Learn, enjoy, and have fun!
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- Boat tour
- Unforgettable memories
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Plaza de Armas, La Serena
We will depart from Plaza De Armas (in front of Servicio Nacional de Turismo) in La Serena at 7:30 am.
We will have breakfast on the way to the traditional fishing village, Caleta Chañaral. Along the way we will enjoy the scenery of the Atacama desert where we might see guanacos and desert foxes. Upon arrival to Caleta Chañaral, at approximately 11am, we will have one hour to relax with coffee and snacks.
Before beginning the 2-3 hours whale-watching tour, our guide will give you a briefing to explain which cetacean species can be observed, safety measures on board, responsible whale watching guidelines, as well as some historical facts.
While searching for whales, we will pass by the Island Chañaral to observe birds and other marine life.
After the tour we will enjoy a locally prepared lunch in the village.
Around 4pm we will head back to La Serena. On the way we will stop at an organic olive farm to learn about the preparation of olive oil.
We will arrive back to La Serena between 6pm-7pm.
The tour includes unforgettable memories, whole day guiding in English, nature reserve permits, water, breakfast, lunch, snack, transfer from and to La Serena.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.