- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the origins and development of the Atacameño culture, with iconic sites such as Pucara de Quitor or the village of Tulor.
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
San Pedro de Atacama is the archeological capital of Chile. Apart from its spectacular landscapes, its history is also a fundamental part of any visitor’s experience. We visit the most important archeological sites in the region and travel back in time to find out more about the origins of the Atacameño culture and the Lican Antai.
Visit Pucará de Quitor, where an important part of Chilean history took place – the Battle of Quitor, which was one of the first battles between the Spanish and the indigenous people. Our stop at the Atacameña Farm will allow you to share with a tourist-friendly local family to try some local delicacies and learn about their agricultural traditions. We will then continue to the village of Tulor, the oldest settlement in the Atacama Salt Flats (dating from between A.D. 800 and B.C. 500), which has been miraculously preserved beneath the sand. Finally, we head to the center of San Pedro de Atacama, to head back to colonial times to visit the San Pedro Church, a National Monument, built from adobe clay, cactus wood, chañar and carob trees in 1745.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.