- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Lake District possesses many mind-blowing sights, and one is the Osorno Volcano painted in the back of the Llanquihue Lake, with occasional clouds towering it; a true postcard image.
Live the adventure of climbing to one of the most famous volcanoes in Chile, the Osorno Volcano.
Enjoy a panoramic view of Llanquihue Lake and the surrounding volcanoes.
Trip along the southern shore of Lake Llanquihue
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Passenger Transport Insurance
- Ski lifts
Puerto Varas Hotels (urban zone only)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Back at your hotel in Puerto Varas
Visit: In Puerto Varas, Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region
Depart from Puerto Varas along the south bank of the Llanquihue Lake, straight towards the Osorno Volcano through Ensenada, entering the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park.
Reach Ensenada after about 50 minutes by car, the easternmost port on the lake. Face the imposing Osorno Volcano, a symbol of the local landscape. Walk through a forest of coigües and other native tree species, making a stop at 1,000 meters of altitude to observe La Burbuja Crater, admiring the view of the Petrohué River valley and the Calbuco Volcano in the magnificent Andes.
The expedition continues to the ski center and its cafeteria located at 1,200 meters above sea level; and where you can access the ski lifts (not included) that will allow you to better observe the landscape. On your way, see how the lava formations from earlier volcanic eruptions were formed. Stop and enjoy a panoramic view from the top of the Osorno Volcano.
Return to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing, a hat, scarf and gloves during winter.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.