- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join us for a full-day private tour to the heart of Chilean Wine Country: The Colchagua Valley. Tour includes a panoramic gondola ride overlooking Santa Cruz Vineyard and a horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard.
• 11-Hour Private Tour
• Free Hotel Pick-Up and Airport Transfer on Tour Date
• Professional & Multilingual Guide
• Comfortable Van
• Two Wine Tours & Tastings (Santa Cruz and Viu Manent Vineyards)
• Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz Vineyard
• Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride at Viu Manent Vineyard
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Two Wine Tours & Tastings
- Panoramic Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz Vineyard
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride at Viu Manent Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chile Dream Tours, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
One of the country’s most famous wine regions, the Colchagua Valley, set in the heart of the Central Valley 100 miles (160 kilometers) from Santiago, is the epicenter of wine production in Chile. Production started here shortly after the Spanish conquest in the mid-16th century with the introduction of vineyards by Jesuit missionaries. The mining boom of the late 19th century brought wealth and noble grapes of French origin. The area is known for its award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah and Carmenere. After a three-hour drive to Santa Cruz, the region’s capital, we first stop at Viña Santa Cruz. Here you will see the place where the Body connects with the Soul. Begin your tour by conquering the Body. In the garden of varieties you will learn how to differentiate their strains, then you will continue to their winery to learn about the wine-making process and enjoy the tasting of three of their exclusive wines. Then you will know the Soul by using the cable car to appreciate the most amazing views on your way to Cerro El Chaman. There, you will learn firsthand how the Aymara culture, Mapuche and Rapa Nui lived in harmony with nature and their environment through their rituals and beliefs, but especially, you will meet their guides Machi and Chaman, the inspiration behind their wines. After Santa Cruz Vineyard, we will go to a local countryside restaurant for lunch. In the afternoon, we will visit Viu Manent Vineyard, a model for wine tourism in Chile. Climb aboard a horse-drawn carriage for a remarkable experience visiting the historic Malbec Hall, gardens, and wine cellars. Explore the wine shop and handicraft emporium. The visit ends with a tasting of the vineyard’s best wines. Internationally renowned for the quality of its wines, Viu Manent is particularly famous for its Malbec.
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Free airport pick-up/drop-off on tour date
- Minimum drinking age on vineyard tour is 18 years
- Infant seats available
- This tour is available daily, except on national holidays.
- Most travelers can participate
- 8 a.m. Departure Time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.