- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come Discover the Heart of the Andes!
• 8-Hour Private Tour
• Free Hotel Pick-Up and Airport Transfer on Tour Date
• Professional & Multilingual Guide
• Comfortable Van
• Monument to the Battle of Chacabuco
• Tour and Wine Tasting at San Esteban Vineyard
• Visit Inca Lagoon at Portillo
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Wine Tour & Tasting at San Esteban Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chile Dream Tours, Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region
After your hotel pick up, we set out on an adventure into the heart of the Andes Mountains. Admire the scenic surroundings as we head towards the town of Los Andes. On the way we pass by the Monument to the Battle of Chacabuco, which led to Chile’s Independence (Tours departing from Santiago only). First stop, Viña San Esteban. This vineyard is located on the mountainous, eastern edge of the Aconcagua Valley, and is a pioneer in hillside-vineyard planting, taking full advantage of the unique combination of rocky soil and solar exposure which creates grapes rich in structure and character. Here, we will have a tour of the vineyard followed by a tasting of their premium wines. After the vineyard, we continue deeper into the Aconcagua Valley into the middle of the Andes on a windy road known as “El Caracol” (The Snail), at an altitude of almost 8800 feet. You will feel your heart race with excitement as your driver expertly maneuvers sharp bends and curves. Aside from stunning mountain scenery on this tour, you will also be able to see ruins of the Inca Empire where llama caravans stopped to rest after a long trip on the Inca Trail. You will also get to observe the ruins of an intricate route of the Transandino Railway winding between tunnels through steep cliffs. Just miles away from the border with Argentina, we reach our final destination: “Laguna del Inca” (Inca Lagoon). Engross yourself in tales of the lagoon’s legendary past, learning of the myths and history behind this sacred body of water. On the lagoon’s edge is Portillo, the oldest ski resort in South America. Here, you can have lunch taking in the spectacular views of the glittering lagoon surrounded by the peaks of the Andes or we can stop for lunch on the way back down the mountain at a rustic countryside restaurant where you will have the chance to taste delicious traditional Chilean dishes.
DURING THE WINTER MONTHS (MAY-SEPTEMBER), THE ROAD TO PORTILLO AND THE INCA LAGOON MAY BE CLOSED. AN ALTERNATE ACTIVITY WILL BE OFFERED.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Free airport pick-up/drop-off on tour date
- Minimum age of 18 to drink alcohol at the wine vineyard
- Infant seats available
- This tour is not available on the following dates due to San Esteban Vineyard being closed: January 1, September 18-19, December 25
- 9 a.m. Departure Time
- Most travelers can participate
- DURING THE WINTER MONTHS (MAY-SEPTEMBER), THE ROAD TO PORTILLO AND THE INCA LAGOON MAY BE CLOSED. AN ALTERNATE ACTIVITY WILL BE OFFERED.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.